spirit of adventure

mactam6

due to the delayed start of the spirit of adventure the first cruise is to the med on 5th nov and then i think the rest of the sailings are to the med also. i was due to go to the carribean later in nov and assume this is now cancelled but i have heard nothing from saga does anyone have any further news 

52 minutes ago, mactam6 said:

due to the delayed start of the spirit of adventure the first cruise is to the med on 5th nov and then i think the rest of the sailings are to the med also. i was due to go to the carribean later in nov and assume this is now cancelled but i have heard nothing from saga does anyone have any further news 

Saga's website  are still advertising the Caribbean as still sailing on the 15th November 2020, which we all know is an impossibility as the inaugural cruise does not return until the 22nd November.

My conversation about the inaugural lead me to believe that the one after that was another Canaries one.

You will hear from Saga about your cruise in due course, but it is extremely frustrating how poor they are at keeping their cruise customers informed at what is happening, and extremely annoying to have to keep scrabbling around the trade news and various forums to get any information (bearing in mind that until recently they were still pretending that the September and October cruises were still going ahead as scheduled).

On 7/4/2020 at 11:32 AM, mactam6 said:

Hi mactam6

Welcome to CruiseCritic, it's a pity that your first post has to be during this unprecedented pandemic.

Instead of joining my roll call for the Caribbean cruise, you are left, like ourselves wondering what is going on.

We have not heard anything from Saga but it is fair to say that Saga will still be monitoring which Med. ports will be open in November and second guessing where they will be able to sail.

We have already 'lost' 2 cruises this year and are more or less resigned to not sailing at all this year.

No doubt they will be in touch when they have more solid information.

My understanding is that Saga are telephoning people in cruise order/booking order to tell them what is happening (currently - as you say, it can all change again).

It is a pity that they cannot put this information on their website - something along the lines,of. "we have been forced to cancel/reschedule these cruises, and we are contacting people already booked, in order of booking, to tell them of their options" rather then leaving people wondering why a cruise that cannot physically sail is still listed as available.

The very big redeeming feature is that when you finally get the call, the Saga staff will take all the time you need to discuss what you want to do, and patiently answer any questions you have (even if they have to phone somewhere else to find out for you) , so each call can take a very long time.

So when you wonder why it seems as if they are being slow to contact you - it is simply that they really are helping others.

I see elsewhere (not yet on the Saga website) that the revised Inaugural cruise is now for sale via third party,

The one immediately after is "The Canary Islands" departing 22nd November, 14 nights, returning Southampton 6th December.

The one for sale after that is again to the Canaries, departing 6th December, returning 20th December.

If so, the Caribbean and the short break to Amsterdam (which are still shown on Saga's website) are not happening.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Glenndale said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23281-spirit-of-adventure-leaves-building-hall.html

Still no call from Saga re our cancelled Caribbean cruise 😕

Maybe the Adventure has been fitted out with a brand new invention... Time Travel. So she can start a cruise 6 days before she has finished the previous one....

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2020 at 8:34 PM, Glenndale said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23281-spirit-of-adventure-leaves-building-hall.html

Still no call from Saga re our cancelled Caribbean cruise 😕

Have they got round to it? as I see that it has now vanished from their website (along with 2 Discovery cruises, Canary Island Flavours 18th November and Canary Islands and Casablanca 2nd December).