Future Cruise Credit - book by 12/31/2020 and sail by 12/31/2021

Jersey42

I currently have a $100 Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) and a Future Cruise Credit (FCC).  The terms of the FCC say I must book by 12/31/2020 and sail by 12/31/2021.  Right now, I do not want to book anything until HAL is sailing again. If HAL is not sailing by December 2020, and the terms of the FCC have not changed, then I will probably book something in December for a June or July 2021 cruise.  Does anyone know how the FCC will work?

• Can I book in December 2020 using my FCD and apply my FCC at final payment date? (probably April 2021). Or, must I apply the FCC for full payment at the time of booking?
  • Can I purchase HAL’s Cancellation Protection plan if I book with an FCC?  (It normally gives a 90% cash refund if I cancel)

I guess it does not matter assuming the proposed 2021 cruise actually sails.  But if it doesn’t, then I wonder what will happen to my FCC?  I know the answer to this is speculation, but I would hate to lose the FCC.

Edited by Jersey42

We had a FCC from an April 2020 cruise applied to a July 2021 cruise on Rotterdam, which was just sold.  Our July 2021 cruise has, of course, been cancelled.  I am interested to see what they are going to do about the FCC, too.  I will be talking to my PCC on Monday, I hope.

Same boat exactly.  I am hoping that HAL will extend both the book by and sail by dates, given that the time frame for cruising is not looking like anytime soon (2021 even?)

The whole question is academic as I see it. You book to get the FCC used by its expiry date.  If that cruise is cancelled, you will be just moving the FCC along.  

When we book, I don't think we will use our $100 FCDs.  This could makes things even more messy if the cruise is cancelled.

I think you have to apply the FCC to the fare when booking.

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dakotacruisr said:

I just noticed that the HAL website now let's you apply FCC's when booking a new cruise. Has anyone else seen this?

Yes, we did this on the website last week, super easy, no problems. We got an email offering for a free oceanview cabin or very cheap upgrades for a selection of cruises in Jan. - April 2021. Booked an 11 day S. Carib. cruise on Nieuw Statendam in a Neptune for about 25% of normal price, applied my FCC to it, no problem.  Saw that the extra OBC from the FCC was applied to the new booking. Now just hoping it actually sails. 

Edited by CafeBruno
misstyped the year

I am concerned as to whether I will be able to use our FCC.  We have three, totaling over $3K, listed on our Mariner's page on the website.  The problem is that it says that they must be booked and sail by 7 February 2021.  I may book by then, but will probably not sail by that date.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:06 PM, USN59-79 said:

I am concerned as to whether I will be able to use our FCC.  We have three, totaling over $3K, listed on our Mariner's page on the website.  The problem is that it says that they must be booked and sail by 7 February 2021.  I may book by then, but will probably not sail by that date.

Well, I have to modify this.  I just went to my account on the HAL website and they have changed it.  I still have to book by 7 February 2021, but the sail by dates have changed to NA.  Guess that mean "not applicable" or maybe "not available".  Anyway, I think that is an improvement.

• Like 1