English Speaking Passengers on World cruise

BVILady

I have seen several posts now talking about majority of Italians on the ship. I have been on Costa in Asia (2010) and Northern Europe (2016) and never experienced that.There have always been a lot of English Speaking Passengers. Has that changed. Do I need to be concerned? Most of the staff is Philippine or Malaysian anyhow speaking perfect English.

I have seen several posts now talking about majority of Italians on the ship. I have been on Costa in Asia (2010) and Northern Europe (2016) and never experienced that.There have always been a lot of English Speaking Passengers. Has that changed. Do I need to be concerned? Most of the staff is Philippine or Malaysian anyhow speaking perfect English.

All the staff can and will speak good English but the passengers who are native English speakers are less than 5%
  • Like 1

We have done over 30 Costa cruises & have never had a problem finding & speaking to others. We are always sat with English speakers when dining, meet them at the English speaking hosts get-together. Even in the club restaurant often those closest  to our table speak some English.

On our world tour we had two hundred & forty English speaking guests. 

Edited by tenpin
  • Like 2

Great to hear regarding the world cruise.  I'm some years away from doing a world cruise but would definitely consider MSC and Costa - it's a great cost and they often have more interesting itineraries.  One area that would put me off is that I get a little tired of the entertainment shows being heavily dependant on circus type performers - I'd miss some comedy.  But don't think it would be a deal breaker. 

I read a great kindle self published book via Amazon of an American who did a Costa world cruise - gave great insight.

18 minutes ago, dritan said:

Great to hear regarding the world cruise.  I'm some years away from doing a world cruise but would definitely consider MSC and Costa - it's a great cost and they often have more interesting itineraries.  One area that would put me off is that I get a little tired of the entertainment shows being heavily dependant on circus type performers - I'd miss some comedy.  But don't think it would be a deal breaker. 

I read a great kindle self published book via Amazon of an American who did a Costa world cruise - gave great insight.

I decided on Costa because of the itinerary and price (single traveler). Usually entertainment is changed during a longer cruise, like flown out and flown in. I am an early riser and usually book late dinner so entertainment is not so important to me, heading for my cabin to read after dinner anyhow. I have also been impressed by the article here on cruise critic concerning the response of Costa during the World cruise this year and the Corona Virus. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the cruise is going to happen. Hopefully 250 English speakers and I also speak German will do it for me. To old to learn Italian - lol, seems my brain doesn't want to retain a new language.Will look for the book on amazon. Thank you all for the response.