Vantage extends their cancellations

rljan

Vantage has extended the "postponement" of all of their journeys until Sept. 7th.  They are not offering refunds, only a new fixed sailing date next year or a future travel credit.  Apparently they feel by calling it a postponement rather than a cancellation (which it is) they won't have to issue a refund.  We'll see.

They will never see another penny from me.  They remind me of Crystal Cruises.  The staff on the trips have been wonderful, but the home office is a disgrace.

• 2 weeks later...

When we were notified of our April cruise cancellation, we were offered a refund but were told upfront it would minimally take 60-90 days, so something has changed since then. We could have transferred to another cruise this year, but we already had 3 other vacations planned, so that wasn't an option. We opted to re-book the same cruise for next year, as the Belgium-Holland itinerary is only available in the Spring. Since Vantage  dealt with cancelling the flights they had booked, ate the price difference, and transferred our trip insurance, we're satisfied. If it gets cancelled again, we'll see what the options will be then.  Of course our choice does not fit for everyone, so I wish everyone luck in getting their issues resolved.

As of 28 July:

It’s with a heavy heart that we’ve made the difficult decision to extend the postponement of all journeys through December 31, 2020.

4 hours ago, bebtwice said:

When we were notified of our April cruise cancellation, we were offered a refund but were told upfront it would minimally take 60-90 days, so something has changed since then. We could have transferred to another cruise this year, but we already had 3 other vacations planned, so that wasn't an option. We opted to re-book the same cruise for next year, as the Belgium-Holland itinerary is only available in the Spring. Since Vantage  dealt with cancelling the flights they had booked, ate the price difference, and transferred our trip insurance, we're satisfied. If it gets cancelled again, we'll see what the options will be then.  Of course our choice does not fit for everyone, so I wish everyone luck in getting their issues resolved.

Last March, when this all started, Vantage was allowing cancellations, and we were told we could apply the cost of our April Tulip cruise to any other trip in 2020.  So we had to select a trip this year.  We opted to book a land trip in Ireland for October.  As the final payment date approached for that trip, Vantage had been allowing trips to be moved to either 2020 or 2021 trips.  So we called and asked to have the reservation moved to next years tulip cruise.

Hopefully, not that I think it will, this trip will happen.

Edited by Shmoo here

16 minutes ago, bebtwice said:

Shmoo - when are you (hopefully) doing the Tulip cruise next year?

Sorry, I can't be more specific, I'm not comfortable announcing to the world specifically when I'm not going to be home.  Not that it matters, because I'm not the only one living here.  But there are people who frequent this forum that don't like me.