Drink Package - Payment Question

Cruising Feb 2021. Wondering if I purchase the drink package now, will it make me pay today, or will this be added to my balance? Same question when adding a Carnival excursion. Just don't want this to hit the card that I paid the deposit with when I hit "Complete Purchase".

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, CarnivalCruiser875 said:

Cruising Feb 2021. Wondering if I purchase the drink package now, will it make me pay today, or will this be added to my balance? Same question when adding a Carnival excursion. Just don't want this to hit the card that I paid the deposit with when I hit "Complete Purchase".

Thank you!

Yes and yes!!   Those will hit card card immediately

You pay when you order it.  Drinks or excursions.

So we always buy the drink package about two days before sailing.

In theory if you buy now you avoid any rate hikes, and if the price goes down (even a temporary sale) you can always cancel the original and re-purchase at the lower price.

We buy the excursion when we know what we want, in case it sells out.  (That doesn't happen with Cheers!)

YMMV.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
clarity

1 hour ago, simplelife said:

You can buy the drink  package on board, but it will cost you 10% more.

It always surprises me how many people buy Cheers on the first day of the cruise instead of buying it prior to the cruise for the discount. On Carnival ships, we always start every cruise going right to the lobby bar for several drinks and to watch people board the ship (except for Spirit class ships due to the location of the lobby bar). Every cruise without exception we would witness at least a dozen people and often more buying Cheers at the bar. 

When My kids ask what I want for birthdays, Christmas, etc, I usually say "Carnival gift cards". these can be used to pay for cruise payments, drink package, etc before the cruise, or I can apply them to my onboard account.