Total Food Snob - Is Regent Right for Me?

I love excellent food also. I have just come to realize that although it’s good, it’s difficult to find food on a cruise “ to die for” We have found the food in Crystal is the best with Regent being too close to call it second. Viking is..... not good at all except on the River Cruises. Hands down though..... think about the Crystal Esprit which is their yacht. They are only serving 60 people as that is all that is on the ship with only 30 cabins. Every meal at dinner was truly a work of art. Beautiful presentation and excellent cuisine. Lunch and breakfast was standard but dinner amazingly consistent even for 11 days! My only negative....in my opinion was  the wine. It was decent but not enough of a variety even with the “extra charge” vintages. I wrote that as my only negative on their survey. 

17 hours ago, planada said:

I love excellent food also. I have just come to realize that although it’s good, it’s difficult to find food on a cruise “ to die for” We have found the food in Crystal is the best with Regent being too close to call it second. Viking is..... not good at all except on the River Cruises. Hands down though..... think about the Crystal Esprit which is their yacht. They are only serving 60 people as that is all that is on the ship with only 30 cabins. Every meal at dinner was truly a work of art. Beautiful presentation and excellent cuisine. Lunch and breakfast was standard but dinner amazingly consistent even for 11 days! My only negative....in my opinion was  the wine. It was decent but not enough of a variety even with the “extra charge” vintages. I wrote that as my only negative on their survey. 

I'd steer clear of booking on Crystal right now. Its parent company has defaulted on payments, and its refund record makes Regent (and almost everyone else in the industry) look like a speed demon. The parent is looking for a restructuring at the moment. Most travel insurers won't cover carrier default for them, and at least one major TA network is advising its members to discourage clients from putting money down on a Crystal cruise. 

It likely will find an out from all this, but in the meantime I'd sit tight and not book with them.

Just so you know, I like Crystal and have a world cruise currently booked with them (made pre-COVID). So I'm far from a hater. Just want to be sure you know the facts.

I totally agree Wishiweretraveling. We too had  a cruise booked next July on Crystal and I cancelled last week. I love the cruise line but wasn’t willling to gamble my deposit. Haven’t been refunded yet but hoping I’m ahead of the restructure should there be one. In the mean time..... focusing on our Splendor Trip Sept 21 along with my piddling little cruises in March 21, Oct 21 on Princess. NOT my cruise line but won’t turn down any girls only trips w/ friends! Hope you are well.   

image.png

image.jpeg