Okay Cruise experts, did I do the right thing?

merlot

I called the TA to find out why my docs aren't here yet (yeah, yeah, yeah I'm antsy, LOL) and she said they will send them 2 weeks before. While I had her on the phone I had her check for a price drop, seems so silly since we got a good deal to begin with, but every penny counts.

We booked a 6A guarantee and there has been a price drop. So Carnival offered us a $100 shipboard credit or they would book us into a 6C. I took the shipboard credit because I could possibly get that upgrade anyway, and I really don't mind the 6A if I do get it.

Did I do the right thing? What would you have done?

Carnival Holiday 10/00

Majesty of the Seas 05/03

Carnival Ecstasy 05/04

Carnival Ecstasy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hey from up the hill!! Merlot...you did exactly what I would have done. All the cabins are the same size and the windows are usually a little dirty so the view ain't all that hot anyhow. Plus on the lower decks it is really fun (at least for me) to watch the water go whooshing by. As long as you are in a cabin class that you like take the credit. Have a safe and wonderful trip. Be careful if you're driving down to LA.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

Merlot and Dosi - I grew up in a town about halfway between the two of you; Town called Penryn. Small world, I suppose.

Merlot - I would have done the same thing. I don't quite understand what is so great about being in the same type cabin, just a few decks above...

mecagirl--didn't there used to be a restaurant called the Laughing Cow in Penryn?? I seem to remember going there as a kid? Where are you now?

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

Yep, Penryn is right up the road. icon_smile.gif Nice to meet some locals on this board (or former locals) icon_smile.gif

Carnival Holiday 10/00

Majesty of the Seas 05/03

Carnival Ecstasy 05/04

Carnival Ecstasy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

That's what I would do. Unless they upgrade to a balcony I would take the credit. I was upgraded after a price drop from a 4B to a 6D and got shipboard credit. I love getting the windows but I would have liked a lower floor and more credit. I was planning on using the stairs to burn off all the food I plan on eating icon_eek.gif

First Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Yep, you did the right thing! Congratulations!

$100 will buy alot of foo-drinks or some photos.

BTW, I lived in Sacramento for 30 years. We left in 1993. We still have dear family and friends there.

Marie

HAL - MAASDAM - June 2004/Canada/New England

RCI - Mariner of the Seas,

Sept 2004(CC Group Cruise)

Carnival Miracle -February 2005

RCI Majesty of the Seas - Spring Break, March 2005

Celebrity Mercury, April 2005

If you're still looking for a pat on the back, OP, you get one here....good job! icon_biggrin.gif

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael

Mardi Gras 6/79

Mardi Gras 6/79

(back to back cruises)

Celebration 8/02

Splendour of the Seas 3/03

Jubilee 7/03

Conquest 1/04

Celebration 1/04

Elation 2/04

Elation *coming again* 1/05

You couldn't have handled it better, Merlot. icon_smile.gif

You're now an official professional cruiser. An old salt. A master of the sea. A top notch negotiator. icon_biggrin.gif

Live well, love much, laugh often.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Did you do the right thing? Are you kidding?! You did awesome. What could you have done better? You get a good cabin, and money to spend. I agree with everyone that you exercised proper judgement. (That's fancy speak for you done good) icon_smile.gif

malwave_e0.gif

'99 Norwegian Sea

'00 Triumph

'01 Victory

'01 Spirit

'02 Inspiration

'02 Conquest

Dosi -

The one restaurant in Penryn has been named MANY things. I'm pretty sure it was called the Laughing Cow at some point.

My parents still live in Penryn, and we visit often (seeing as how were in Fairfield, it's not too long of a trip).

Always nice to recognize people's towns.

Archived