Carrying over change fee for a cancelled cruise, what?????

GB Chicago

This just doesn't seem right!  We moved our cruise in October by a week and understood we would have a $50 per person change fee applied to final payment.  Obviously both cruises were canceled.  We had $250 deposited on the October cruise and when we rebooked to April they deducted the $100 combined change fee from our ($250 deposit) credit applied to the new cruise.  Does this seem fair?  I was happy to pay for the cruise I changed but how can I still owe that money on a cruise they canceled (although I appreciate not by their choice).  Looking for advice from my friends at CC - is this worth the effort to appeal?

11 minutes ago, GB Chicago said:

I did wait until Carnival canceled the October cruise.  Then my TA used the link to book the new cruise and I have the $600 FCC to prove that.

You cancelled the first cruise and were OK with the terms and conditions of cancellation at that time.  The fee isn't added to a future invoice, it's immediately removed from any monies you've already paid.  You agreed to the $100 penalty.  It kinda sucks since they ultimately cancelled the cruise,  I doubt they do anything for you.