Just some info if you're being refunded by check (what's that?)...

numberguy

Hello everyone,

I just called NCL today.  I had been booked on a cruise this past June, which was obviously canceled by the cruise line.  We took the FCC on everything; however, I had used a $50 gift card that I had received from my brother to buy OBC.  I emailed NCL on May 3 about this purchase because I no longer had the gift card for them to refund to for the $50, asking if they could mail a check.  I received a response that a check had been requested.

So I called today to see what information I could find out--not being pushy at all, just seeing when I could expect their check.  The person I spoke with put me on hold and then got back to me and told me that checks would begin being issued when they were able to get back in to the office, which currently is looking like sometime in September.

It's not a big deal for me, as I can afford to have $50 tied up for a while, but I just wanted to pass this information along to people, in case their entire cruise is awaiting a check (I don't expect there are many, but there might be a few).

Some people might choose not to believe it, but that's the only information I can provide.  I hope everyone isn't going too stir crazy these days, and I hope you're taking care of yourselves--we all want to be on a cruise ship as soon as they'll let us (or there's a vaccine)!

--Michael

I have a refund due from NCL in Sydney.  They emailed a form to allow payment to my bank account.   See if you can get the same form!!

Electronic Payment System

In order to pay our business partners in a more expedient fashion, we have set up an electronic payment system, whereby we plan to wire transfer funds, instead of processing the customary check. This should speed up processing time, and reduce risk of a lost check.

Please kindly submit the following information to:

Client Name:

Client Address:

Client Phone:

Client’s main E-mail Address (for remittance etc.):

Vendor Banking Information

Beneficiary Bank Name:

Beneficiary Bank Address:

Beneficiary Bank Acct no.:

Name as it appears on Bank Account:

(BSB):

AUD Currency:

___Yes     or     ____No  (If No, please complete below)

Client Signature: ____________________________________________________

Client Printed Name & Title:  __________________________________________

Edited by casofilia