Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

I was about to say "except for the Haven restaurant of course" but then remembered "Oh yeah, Haven is in the aft on Prima class ships!" We're going to be the Prima next January and every bit of information is a delight to read. Thanks everyone!

7 hours ago, coastcat said:

Two Starbucks on adjacent floors? That doesn't make sense. I doubt the kiosk in the Indulge area will be part of the included food/beverage offerings, unless it will be offering free pastries/tidbits similar to the RC Promenade Cafe/Celebrity Cafe al Bacio/Princess International Cafe model of included food and premium drinks.

Hoping they'll release menus soon for the new places.

I assumed the "free" Starbucks kiosk was going to just be plain coffee and maybe some limited pastries. Whereas the other one would be for your fancy mocha frappachino latte whozamawhatsits and such.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Note that this is from Cruisedeckplans, not NCL, and only includes what NCL has released so far. There are still things missing - thermal suite & kids clubs to name a few.  

The spa is on these updated plans.  Deck 15 & 16 forward. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, twisterfreak2280 said:

Updated deck plans

www.cruisedeckplans.com-deckplan.php-shi

thanks.   Probably just me but I don’t get the same sort of buzz I did from the previous newbuilds.   Somethings missing… 

ok they’ve added open deck space on waterfront but the erosion of the classic sun deck unless you pay for vibe or in haven.   

it’s very “Regent Cruises” style..  

3 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

The thermal suite is not.

The thermal suite is almost certainly contained within the spa area, as it is on the other ships.

If I were a betting gal, I'd put down a chunk of chips that the half-moon shaped area in the deck 15 part of the spa will be the thermal suite. I'd expect big forward-facing windows and tile/regular loungers in that area, with the sauna/salt room/thalassotherapy pool/etc. in the rectangular bit on 15.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

The thermal suite is not.

My bet is that the thermal suite will be on deck 15,  under the fitness centre.  The lounge chairs of the thermal suite will be facing the ocean.

I think it is the first time they have the spa on 2 levels.  (Or may be not. I remember having seen a big staircase near the reception on the Star)  Reception, the salon and some treatement rooms will be on deck 16 with more treatement rooms and the thermal suite on deck 15

3 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

My bet is that the thermal suite will be on deck 15,  under the fitness centre.  The lounge chairs of the thermal suite will be facing the ocean.

I think it is the first time they have the spa on 2 levels.  (Or may be not. I remember having seen a big staircase near the reception on the Star)  Reception, the salon and some treatement rooms will be on deck 16 with more treatement rooms and the thermal suite on deck 15

Ben - that staircase on the Star goes from the Spa to the Gym.  Spa is just one deck.

Tom

15 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

The Escape spa is on deck 16 but there are treatment rooms on 15.

6 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

The Escape spa is on deck 16 but there are treatment rooms on 15.

That is correct. I was on the Escape last month with a Thermal Spa pass and was surprised that we went down a floor for my treatment. First time I had seen that on NCL.

• Like 1

I was soooooooooo excited the first day that you could book Prima and actually set my alarm to get up early! I booked what I hoped would be the perfect, aft Haven suite on the deck that I thought would be the best.

Hqving sailed on Seaside three times in the Yacht Club, I was TOTALLY excited by how NCL would correct all the layout “mistakes “ that MSC made. Seaside was the first of the Fincantieri prototype since used by Virgin and MSC.

With the release of most of the deck plans this week, I am shockingly underwhelmed.  Not enough bars and lounges, actually fewer restaurants with outdoor seating, no indoor pool or solarium, a sun-blasted Haven with few windows to the sea - I could go on. The gigantic footprint of a racetrack that will be enjoyed by relatively few that could have been outdoor space enjoyed by many. 

I really feel this is a step backwards from the “away” ships.

Oh well - at least I will have saved a few thousand dollars by going on Apex the same week!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steff79 said:

if the spa is at Deck15 i think it will have a great oudoor Area. At the Seaside Class this is part of the yachtclub. At the Leonardo this will be the Spa Area then.IMG_8427.thumb.JPG.868b1824270ab76369d5866d8ac9ced4.JPG

With how popular the outdoor area in the Epic thermal suite is, it does make sense to have an even larger outdoor area... except that it's in the front of the ship with lots of wind and no shade. 🤔

6 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

With how popular the outdoor area in the Epic thermal suite is, it does make sense to have an even larger outdoor area... except that it's in the front of the ship with lots of wind and no shade. 🤔

I'm sure that will be no problem on a Northern Europe or transatlantic cruise. Think of all the lovely invigorating fresh air!

😇

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Hqving sailed on Seaside three times in the Yacht Club, I was TOTALLY excited by how NCL would correct all the layout “mistakes “ that MSC made. Seaside was the first of the Fincantieri prototype since used by Virgin and MSC.

i think that is a fincantieri identification mark 🙂

a german blogger says sometimes about their ships:

the paths are not always clear

But i cruised two times last year at the Seaview yachtclub. And i love the ship.

The more I see the more excited I am.  It does look like there’s some outside seating spa deck 15 forward. I sailed Alaska this past August.  The forward outside Haven deck on Encore in roughly the same area as Prima spa forward deck was very usable till our last day at sea with rain and wind.  Looks like the gym gets the front window views on 16 and we also get an observation lounge and bar forward on 17.  I’m also thrilled to have different pool areas dispersed around the ship instead of one big loud crowd.  

We’re booked for 22 nights on the Prima in September.  I purchased a supplemental dining package just in order to get to try out all the venues.  I read they’re not certain the dining packages will be valid for all venues but I figure enough will be.  Hopefully  prima  aft rooms being set further in will solve the vibration issues in aft staterooms.  I’m not crazy about what looks like a pretty small haven area serving a large number of rooms but if the rest of the ship actually flows as well as it looks like it will, seems passengers will have more choices than ever of incredible places to be and things to do for free and pay that don’t involve clustering everyone into a couple jam packed spaces. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

I purchased a supplemental dining package just in order to get to try out all the venues.  I read they’re not certain the dining packages will be valid for all venues but I figure enough will be.  Hopefully  prima  aft rooms being set further in will solve the vibration issues in aft staterooms.  I’m not crazy about what looks like a pretty small haven area serving a large number of rooms but if the rest of the ship actually flows as well as it looks like it will, seems passengers will have more choices than ever of incredible places to be and things to do for free and pay that don’t involve clustering everyone into a couple jam packed spaces. 

I am positive that the dining package will be accepted at all dinning venues.  What may happen though is, like they do at Ocean Blue and LeBistro, some items on the menu may trigger an upcharge.

Concerning the Haven restaurant, I had the same thought.  The number of Haven suites have been increased by over 50%.  Although I never had problems to get a table at the Haven Restaurant, with more people in the Haven, it might get crowded.  Obviously, they rely on the outdoor space to avoid the problem.  That could very well solve the problem on cruises with tropical weather.  But for cruises in Northern Europe, including Greenland and Iceland, far to be sure that the outdoor restaurant will be an option.  Many ships have this outdoor dining area.  On Alaska sailings, it was very rare to see people eating outside, even in specialty restaurants.  Even on my last Panama Canal cruise, although it was hot enough to eat outside, the strong winds brought everyone inside.  The outdoor Haven restaurant was only used a few times for breakfast

• Like 1