Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

On 3/27/2022 at 7:28 AM, BenCoudon said:

And mysteries continues...

We will remember last May when the booking of the Prima were released, the very first cruise advertized was  Amsterdam to Reykjavik, August 17 to August 25.

And there was never a cruise scheduled for August 25 to Septemper 3. We all agreed that this would be a private cruise.  Then, about 1 month ago, without explanation, the August 17 cruise was removed from the NCL website.  But on both CC and FB for that cruise, people that are booked on it are still planning to cruise as they never received any contrary indications from NCL.

On March 18, NCL announced that the Prima will be christened in Reykjavik.  No specific date, only said in August 2022.

Now this:  According to the Port of Reykjavik schedule, the Prima will dock at 7h00 am on August 24 (The August 17 cruise was scheduled to arrive Reykjavik on the 25th)

She schedule also shows that the Prima will depart at 7h00 pm, August 28.  So the ship will stay in port for 4 days for the Christening event?   If that schedule is correct,  the private cruise that will be called the innaugural cruise, will be only on invite for travel partners, will be a 6 nights cruise from Reykjavik to Amsterdam.  May be the people that are invited on the innaugural sailing will be allowed to board the ship a day or two before and the christening ceremony will be done during that time.

Unless the Reykjavik port schedule is wrong but I doubt it.

http://www.faxafloahafnir.is/cruiseships/index.php?l=en&w=csyear=2016#2016-9-27

Anyone have ever seen a ship staying in port multiple days for the christening ceremony?

During his video, Danny from Harr Travel mentioned that he was booked on the "Innaugural" cruise. 

As he was invited to tour the ship, he is probably on the invite list for this private cruise after the christening.  May be he could shed some light on that itinerary.

Could this be it? Or this one? Destination search: Transatlanticimage.thumb.png.087df9152c1e7271f177de3fd30a5a04.pngimage.thumb.png.8af69cb047f6d65e6aafbe9ccc5830ab.png

Edited by kessdarln
More information

21 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

Could this be it? Or this one? Destination search: Transatlanticimage.thumb.png.087df9152c1e7271f177de3fd30a5a04.pngimage.thumb.png.8af69cb047f6d65e6aafbe9ccc5830ab.png

This is for spring and summer 2023. The Prima will sail to New York this September and will sail out of Galveston and Port Canaveral during the winter 2022-2023.  The transatlantic will bring back the Prima to Europe for the 2023 summer season.  I was looking for the inaugural cruise  on August 17 2022 from Amsterdam to Reykjavik.  It was removed from the NCL Website but the cruise has not been cancelled.  The first cruise listed for the Prima is the Baltic cruise on september 3 

46 minutes ago, steamboats said:

According to a German cruise website this one is cancelled. No reason given.

steamboats

Tony from La Lido Loca mentioned in a recent cruise news video that a Prima cruise in August was cancelled, that the ship was delayed.  I was working while listening and the date was a month prior to our booking for the TA so I wasn’t too concerned.

7 hours ago, Drews_Cruise said:

I think we would have been notified if our cruise was cancelled.  Need to wait and be sure before making any conclusions.

Yep agreed! While NCL has been an ok communicator in the past, this type of announcement would need to be made delicately, especially as final payment is due for many in the next few days.

15 hours ago, Drews_Cruise said:

I think we would have been notified if our cruise was cancelled.  Need to wait and be sure before making any conclusions.

I assume you are talking about Aug 17th. So far it´s just the pre inaugural out of Southampton which was scheduled for Aug 12th til Aug 14th which has been cancelled. Then the ship was supposed to move over to Amsterdam and stay there til Aug 17h (it was not quite clear whether there is another 2 nighter out of Amsterdam). So they start out 5 days later as they have planned which gives them some extra time.

steamboats

29 minutes ago, steamboats said:

I assume you are talking about Aug 17th. So far it´s just the pre inaugural out of Southampton which was scheduled for Aug 12th til Aug 14th which has been cancelled. Then the ship was supposed to move over to Amsterdam and stay there til Aug 17h (it was not quite clear whether there is another 2 nighter out of Amsterdam). So they start out 5 days later as they have planned which gives them some extra time.

steamboats

According to Amsterdam port authority she was arriving lunchtime 15th, then leaving 10PM and then not back until early hours 17th.   

AB9F4269-3934-4FB4-8922-1ECEB1E67BE4.jpeg

14 hours ago, Single Cruiser said:

According to Amsterdam port authority she was arriving lunchtime 15th, then leaving 10PM and then not back until early hours 17th.   

Yes, I know... But it was not know yet whether this is a second pre inaugural (which would be a bit unusual for NCL to have two pre inaugurals in Europe - in the past it was only one two nighter... usually Bemerhaven to Southampton when Meyer still built the ships).

Amsterdam is a pretty expensive port for a cruise ship so it would make sense to leave the cruise terminal and go out on sea instead of staying there.

steamboats

7 hours ago, steamboats said:

Yes, I know... But it was not know yet whether this is a second pre inaugural (which would be a bit unusual for NCL to have two pre inaugurals in Europe - in the past it was only one two nighter... usually Bemerhaven to Southampton when Meyer still built the ships).

Amsterdam is a pretty expensive port for a cruise ship so it would make sense to leave the cruise terminal and go out on sea instead of staying there.

steamboats

I assume as the prima class of ships will be home porting Southampton, Amsterdam and Reykjavik to avoid flying agents over they'd have local events.  

In Reykjavik after the shake down revenue cruise she's also in a few days pre christening and maiden cruise.  

Re Amsterdam I couldn't see her booked in at say the remote Amsterdam port (ijmuiden for example ) so she'd  be 2 nights floating in the North Sea and the second entry says "turnaround" which suggests to me she's probably going to be carrying some guests...    🤔

As the maiden cruise will be a non revenue cruise there´s no need for another pre inaugural from Reykjavik.

NCL had invited guests from all over Europe (continental Europe, UK, Scandinavia) on the 2 nighters from Bremerhaven to Southampton. 2 or 3 pre inaugurals would be much more expensive... And I´m pretty sure that US will be invited to the maiden cruise as Reykjavik is a short flight from the US and Amsterdam has good connections back.

steamboats

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, steamboats said:

As the maiden cruise will be a non revenue cruise there´s no need for another pre inaugural from Reykjavik.

NCL had invited guests from all over Europe (continental Europe, UK, Scandinavia) on the 2 nighters from Bremerhaven to Southampton. 2 or 3 pre inaugurals would be much more expensive... And I´m pretty sure that US will be invited to the maiden cruise as Reykjavik is a short flight from the US and Amsterdam has good connections back.

steamboats

true, but these trips would have been originally planned in the height of the pandemic and a closed round-trip from same port would have negated lots of testing/restrictions etc.

maybe now restrictions are being reduced/removed could explain why the Southampton one was cancelled and they go back to a single trade one from Amsterdam.

I’ve been on some of those pre-inaugurals (and was always funny watching the agents stagger off in the morning after being wined and dined!).

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

The Christening Cruise (Iceland Inaugural) is Aug 26 - Sept 3. Invites went out already. This is the event where Katy Perry will perform at the ship's Christening. Additionally, there are two other confirmed Inaugural Sailings: (1) 4-Night - New York, Oct 6-10 visiting Halifax, and (2) 4-Night Galveston, Oct 27-31 visiting Cozumel -- invites went out for both. I'm sure there will be one in Miami too, but details are yet to be released. 

Edited by romalley99
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/15/2022 at 1:12 PM, romalley99 said:

The Christening Cruise (Iceland Inaugural) is Aug 26 - Sept 3. Invites went out already. This is the event where Katy Perry will perform at the ship's Christening. Additionally, there are two other confirmed Inaugural Sailings: (1) 4-Night - New York, Oct 6-10 visiting Halifax, and (2) 4-Night Galveston, Oct 27-31 visiting Cozumel -- invites went out for both. I'm sure there will be one in Miami too, but details are yet to be released. 

I'll be on the October 27th sailing out of Galveston, TX. Pondering staying on for the cruise to Miami afterwards.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WanderlustJourney said:

I'll be on the October 27th sailing out of Galveston, TX. Pondering staying on for the cruise to Miami afterwards.

I'll be on the 6th in NYC. Doing Transatlantic, Inaugural, 5 day Bermuda and the 12 day to Galveston, so I'll be disembarking as you're embarking!! 

• Like 1

Has anyone on the 8/17 cruise been able to make dining reservations??  I'm on the 10/31 sailing out of Galveston, so I'm a LONG way from being able to make mine, but I was curious about the earlier one since were inside 120 days until that cruise (and IIRC, 120 is when folks can normally start making reservations).  

1 hour ago, dolls123 said:

The 8/17/22 sailing is back on the website 

$8.000 for 2 persons in an inside cabin for a 8 day cruise. I don't think I ever saw a high price like that.

To give you an idea of the price increase,  I booked a club balcony room for $7,700.00 for 2 person for a 10 day cruise on September 13 when the sailings came on sale in May 2021 My club balcony cabin now cost $13,200 for 2

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

$8.000 for 2 persons in an inside cabin for a 8 day cruise. I don't think I ever saw a high price like that.

To give you an idea of the price increase,  I booked a club balcony room for $7,700.00 for 2 person for a 10 day cruise on September 13 when the sailings came on sale in May 2021 My club balcony cabin now cost $13,200 for 2

How about $5600 for 2 for a midship balcony?  and that includes $599 for the air!  Can't get close to that at todays pricing.  I looked and Viva and went running LOL.

57 minutes ago, RVACruiser43 said:

How about $5600 for 2 for a midship balcony?  and that includes $599 for the air!  Can't get close to that at todays pricing.  I looked and Viva and went running LOL.

Oh man, the pricing on the new ships... for the first Prima transatlantic, I booked a Studio at $2400 on the first day of availability. Today, a Studio is $5300. I also booked a Studio on the first Viva transatlantic, $3000 at booking and $3464 today. Yikes. 

I think that's called "confident pricing."

• Like 2