Jan 2021 Buenos Aires to Lima

GrJ Berkshire

Sadly, I would not be very optimistic. We have a Viking cruise booked for July 2021 & unless there is a vaccine, we don’t plan on going. I really don’t want to spend a lot of money to be on a ship wearing a mask & social distancing. Part of the fun of cruising is engaging with other people. But, a lot can happen between now & when you set sail so for now, keep your fingers crossed.

One issue will be if you are allowed to enter Argentina.  Right now, only nationals and permanent residents are allowed. It is the same in Uruguay. There are reports that they hope to open things to EU residents "In the near future" but  no actual date when that might be and if infections increase then the date will be postponed.

You will see flights for sale but only residents are allowed and most must quarantine for 14 days on arrival right now.

• 1 month later...

We are also booked on a BA to Lima cruise that departs late January 2021 with final payment coming up soon. I'm anxious to hear any thoughts/considerations on recent developments (not so much mask wearing/social distancing onboard common sense stuff) that may hinder or help the cause for making final payment. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...