Mardi Gras Extended Balcony help

helene109

Hi looking into August as husband wants a different type of cabin. 
Decks 9,10,11,12 and 15 are open 

9344,123,42,10342 and 15339.

I prefer the middle and left side or do I spend $1,000 more for a suite?

My 21 year old son will also be coming  in our room and my daughter and her family that are staying in a family harbor room.

Those cabins have extended balconies but the rooms themselves will be same size any regular balcony cabins.  So with three adults, I'd be really tempted to go for the suite.  Especially since it will give you room to "entertain" the whole family if you wish.

Of the extended balcony cabins on offer, I'd go for 10342, myself - it has the largest balcony of your options (if I am reading the deck plans correctly).

• Thanks 1

Thanks really hard to decide as I don’t want to regret my choice whichever it is. 

I always do port side is there any really big difference?

suite also includes laundry my PvP said and FTTF so that’s a savings right there.

Port vs Starboard is mostly a wash: the ships can and do dock on either side, so there is no absolute rule there.

With Mardi Gras's asymmetric Promenade/Atrium areas, though, and the resulting tweaks to the cabins in the "bulge", there may be benefits to one side vs the other.  But right now I would say no-one knows for sure.

I suppose you could look at your itinerary and determine of that could affect how much sun your port vs starboard cabin would get.  "POSH" is probably backronymed, but allegedly stands for "Port Outbound, Starboard Home" for sailing from England to India - the port side got shade on the way to India, and Starboard the same on the way "home".  The opposite sides got a lot more sun!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Port vs Starboard is mostly a wash: the ships can and do dock on either side, so there is no absolute rule there.

With Mardi Gras's asymmetric Promenade/Atrium areas, though, and the resulting tweaks to the cabins in the "bulge", there may be benefits to one side vs the other.  But right now I would say no-one knows for sure.

I suppose you could look at your itinerary and determine of that could affect how much sun your port vs starboard cabin would get.  "POSH" is probably backronymed, but allegedly stands for "Port Outbound, Starboard Home" for sailing from England to India - the port side got shade on the way to India, and Starboard the same on the way "home".  The opposite sides got a lot more sun!

You are so helpful as I have always been able to get portside And middle by an elevator and doesn’t look like I can get all 3 with either choice extended or suite!

Thanks again!

3 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Those cabins have extended balconies but the rooms themselves will be same size any regular balcony cabins.  So with three adults, I'd be really tempted to go for the suite.  Especially since it will give you room to "entertain" the whole family if you wish.

Of the extended balcony cabins on offer, I'd go for 10342, myself - it has the largest balcony of your options (if I am reading the deck plans correctly).

I am in 10358 for my December cruise 21’ I chose it for that purpose I wanted the one directly in the middle but I didn’t want the door that’s in 10354/10350

• Like 1

3 hours ago, siestakeys04 said:

I am in 10358 for my December cruise 21’ I chose it for that purpose I wanted the one directly in the middle but I didn’t want the door that’s in 10354/10350

Good point too! These are the rooms left for the sailing I am interested in hmm