Please tell me I am not losing my mind

pookeycat

The other night I was looking through the shore excursions listed on RC and I remember seeing a excursion that took you out on a dunguness crab boat where they woudl show you how they sort the crabs and such, you release the crabs, reset the pots and then go back to the lodge for a crab feast.

I thought it was in Skagway, but now I can't find it ANYWHERE!!!!

Anyone have any ideas??? DF and I want to look into it more and book it, but it's gone!!!:eek:

Thanks!

Found it. Yeah, we realize that we don't actually eat what we catch. DF and I both were addicted the that show "Deadliest Catch" and thought this excursions would be awesome! not as big and exciting asn being on one of the BUG crab boats, but exciting enough for us!

I think our day in Ketchikan will be this Crab excursion and the lumberjack show!

Congratulations to you on your upcoming wedding!

I am sure you will have a great time on your cruise too! We are going on a cruise in July for our 25th wedding anniversary. Sounds like a long time but really..it goes fast. The crab feast sounds really interesting and we are planning to sign up for it too. It was good to hear all the positives about it.

Have a wonderful wedding and many, many years after.

We are sailing on Princess. This sounds appealing to us. Is there a web site for the excursion?

Go to this website:

http://www.princess.com/shorex/shorexdisplay.jsp?resPortId=KTN&resTradeId=A&tempresTradeId=A&tempresPortId=KTN

Click on Wilderness Exploration and Crab Feed.

You may be able to do this privately, not sure.

This is too weird....

I just finished posting that I was looking into more info on this. Just as soon as I finished the last post, I got an email back from the company...

Email read:

Thank you for your interest in The Wilderness Exploration and Crab Feed. This is a great tour and has a limited capacity so your early interest is fantastic! The price of this excursion in $139.00 per adult and you can book directly with Royal Caribbean if you visit http://shorex.rccl.com.

Due to the low capacity of this tour and its popularity we do not sell independently. All of our seats are given to the cruise ships in town and they have great success in booking us up. I can assure you however, that this price point is perfectly matched to the value of the tour. I encourage you to book soon if you are interested.

So there ya go - gues we have to book through the ship!:cool: :D

Thank you for your interest in The Wilderness Exploration and Crab Feed. This is a great tour and has a limited capacity so your early interest is fantastic! The price of this excursion in $139.00 per adult and you can book directly with Royal Caribbean if you visit http://shorex.rccl.com.

]

Oh man am I glad to live where we do. Had fresh dungeness the other night from a local store, $2.98 per lb.

-Monte

We booked through the ship. There are MANY steps down to the lodge/crab boat, so if you have mobility problems inquire about getting down AND BACK UP before you sign up. As I remember, there was a tram of some sort but it was not running the day we were there. This was about 3 years ago, so perhaps all is running smoothly now. Someone drove us back up the hill after dinner. It is a fun trip and a beautiful setting on the water. Enjoy!!

Archived