No 100% refunds after the 1st offer

iltutcruiser

Carnival cancelled the Dec 5 Breeze cruise in order to accommodate the Radience cruisers. I was given the option to refund all money paid or roll to the Magic Dec 5 with $650 obc, which I chose the Magic, I paid another deposit for the Magic$250, so now I'm in for $1250. Just made final payment of $400. Now paid in full at $1650. IF Carnival cancels this one, I no longer have the option to get a 100% refund. the $1000 that was moved from the Breeze has now become a credit/coupon. They will gladly refund the $650.00 but not the $1000. You either book another cruise or forfeit the $1000. A lot of people thinking they will get their money back. NOT !

I had the Radiance booked for Oct and it was canceled. I took the OBC offer and moved it to the Breeze in December. We know what happened to that one 😡. I decided to forgo cruising for now due to the uncertainty of all the mess that's going on. I was given a full refund of all monies paid including the additional deposit, Cheers, Cruise Cash, my Villa at HMC, and our Spa passes. As a matter of fact, I just received a refund of $2 on my CC today from Carnival. No idea what that was all about being everything else was refunded last month. I didn't have to jump through any hoops. One call to my PVP and he had it handled no problem just like he does for me every cruise. Not sure why your bookings wouldn't be the same way.

• Like 1

I had a similar problem but it was resolved through the resolutions department. We were originally booked on the Vista 4/4, rescheduled to the Vista 7/25 which was also cancelled. I rescheduled again to 3/27/21 but my daughter’s family decided they don’t want to cruise until at least 2022 so I cancelled their cabin through a PVP last month. He said I would get a full refund but the FCC carried over from the cancelled cruises and deposit were not refunded.  

The PVP was non responsive so I called the 800# and they transferred me to the resolutions department. The agent that helped me was very knowledgeable, tracked down where the funds came from and refunded the rest of the money I had paid. It took less than two weeks to post to my credit card. You should still be able to get a full refund and if you don’t call and ask to speak to the resolutions department, it worked for me, good luck! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

I had a similar problem but it was resolved through the resolutions department. We were originally booked on the Vista 4/4, rescheduled to the Vista 7/25 which was also cancelled. I rescheduled again to 3/27/21 but my daughter’s family decided they don’t want to cruise until at least 2022 so I cancelled their cabin through a PVP last month. He said I would get a full refund but the FCC carried over from the cancelled cruises and deposit were not refunded.  

The PVP was non responsive so I called the 800# and they transferred me to the resolutions department. The agent that helped me was very knowledgeable, tracked down where the funds came from and refunded the rest of the money I had paid. It took less than two weeks to post to my credit card. You should still be able to get a full refund and if you don’t call and ask to speak to the resolutions department, it worked for me, good luck! 

Thanks so much !

This is good to know.  If I have to cancel our February cruise, I will know to talk to the resolutions department.  One of the 2 other gals I am cruising with may not want FCC because her eyesight is worsening and most likely will not want to try again for a third time.

1 hour ago, Doctorsbaby said:

I was refunded everything no problem when my second cruise was cancelled. My PVP took care of it all. It did take a little longer for the piece that was moved as “credit/coupon” but I got it all refunded. 

Great ! There's hope

We were booked on the Mardi Gras for it's repositioning cruise from NY to Pt Canaveral- I cannot remember the exact date.  We switched that cruise to Nov 1, 2020 when Mardi Gras was delayed in delivery.  We got a discounted rate for our rebooked cruise.  This was well before Covid.  We also had a b2b scheduled for May which was canceled, full refund received for those.  Now I just wonder what happens to our discounted rate from the Mardi Gras cancellation if our Nov 1, 2020 is canceled.  What a crazy mess this year has been.