7 day Odyssey cruises gone in December but 14 day cruises remain

wesport

I have been watching the 7 day Caribbean cruise on 12/5/20. Seems like the 7 day cruises have been eliminated, but the 14 day are still available. I know Seabourn is still reviewing the Odyssey caribbean season. Any thoughts. 

If they can fill the ship -- to the capacity they aim to allow -- with 14-day cruises, it would certainly seem to simplify some of the safety/security logistics versus unloading/reloading every 7 days.

Or if you want to take the cynical view: maybe they plan to cancel them all, but they're canceling the shorter, cheaper ones first to buy a little more time before having to refund the longer, more expensive ones. 😉

I am booked on the 7 day out of St Maarten having had the first section cancelled from Barbados to St Maarten leaving Nov 28th. As yet I have no notice of cancellation of 7th Dec 7 day sailing although having great difficulty trying to get to St Maarten to link up with Dec 7th sailing. At present very hesitant to book hotel in Barbados for days when should have been on Odyssey and then try to get to St Maarten for Dec 7th only to find that cruise cancelled as well!

We have a cruise booked out of Barbados on the 19th December for 14 days. I mailed my well known TA in the UK today for an update. They said they are confident it will go ahead however, I have not yet booked my flights which I normally do very early, they advised not to as we will not get our money back if the cruise is cancelled.

They also said it will be about another month before we hear anything.