Elite Exclusive

Iainmac

I've spent hours on the itineraries that Princess put out today for early booking by Elites.

Disappointing for New Zealanders.  No round trips out of New Zealand which is typical of Princess.

Being in the 80+ group I was trying to avoid any long or trans Tasman flights so spent hours trying to come up with a back to back or even Auckland to Australia (only Sydney offered) and even a change of ship for the cruise back to New Zealand, but nothing.  Princess must wonder why I've not sailed with them for some time now and have to use P&O, but they just do not offer much for elderly New Zealanders.  Looks like I will just have to cash in my Cruise Credit as the two years is up now anyway and there is nothing to book without flying overseas.  Any other elderly New Zealanders having this problem ?

Iain

The only one you're likely to find would be the 35 night Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in the second half of the year. 2021 is out but 2022 hasn't been released yet. It immediately follows the World Cruise which drops of some NZers in Auckland and picks up Hawaii/Tahiti cruisers. The Hawaii/Tahiti cruise then stops in Auckland on the way back. If you haven't already done this cruise it's well worth doing. We did it last year and it was the most relaxing cruise we've ever done with all the sea days. Plus we stopped at some lovely ports. We were going to do it again next year but are now going to do other cruises to replace ones that were cancelled so will probably do it again late 2022 or early 2023.

It's a real shame Princess don't offer one itinerary a year in the peak season that allows an Auckland return cruise. It should be easy enough to do with all the loops they do from Sydney.

BTW Princess will extend your FCD if you request it. I had one extended for another two years just last week.

There is one combination that would work but it would involve staying two weeks in Australia between cruises. Royal Princess to Sydney Jan 30th arriving Feb 11th, Emerald Princess departing Sydney Feb 25th. Actually there is a 7 day Tasmania cruise on Royal departing Feb 11th so that would only leave a week to fill in before going back to Auckland.

Also have you thought of writing a letter to Princess asking if there was any possibility of having Auckland return options in future itineraries?