Help with a problem

pizzaman1343

24 minutes ago, drsel said:

that's great.

But if you have 2 Cruises cancelled, can you put 2 FCCs + 2 x 6 = 1200 OBC onto a previously booked 3rd Cruise?

No, when the cruise you rescheduled to also get cancelled you don’t get an additional OBC credit. I ended up cancelling the last reschedule for 3/27/21 myself and was able to move the FCC and OBC to the May cruise. 

No, when the cruise you rescheduled to also get cancelled you don’t get an additional OBC credit. I ended up cancelling the last reschedule for 3/27/21 myself and was able to move the FCC and OBC to the May cruise. 

No no you didn't understand. I had booked 3 Cruises of which 2 were cancelled together. I had paid fresh cash for each of the 3 Cruises.

So now I have 2 FCCs plus 2 obcs of 600 each.

can I apply both FCCs and both OBCs to the remaining 1 Cruise which is not yet cancelled

43 minutes ago, drsel said:

No no you didn't understand. I had booked 3 Cruises of which 2 were cancelled together. I had paid fresh cash for each of the 3 Cruises.

can I apply both FCCs and both OBCs to the remaining 1 Cruise which is not yet cancelled

If I were to guess, I’d say both FCCs *could* be applied *but* only one offer of onboard credit.

1 hour ago, drsel said:

That I don’t know but Carnival has been very accommodating to me. I had an additional cabin booked for my daughter’s family, the original April cruise was for her 40th birthday. I rescheduled to July and then to March 2021. Last month they decided to bail so I cancelled the March cruise and was able to get a full refund for the extra cabin in addition to getting my FCC and OBC transferred to our May cruise. 

I did initially have a problem when I cancelled through a PVP but called the 800# who transferred me to the Resolutions Department. That rep was great and took care of the transfer and refunds. Also, I had purchased the Cheers package during the 20% off Sale and was able to transfer it to the May cruise through the Fun Shop but I needed to call and transfer it before the cancellation. 

Edited by LaRue1975

50 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

That I don’t know but Carnival has been very accommodating to me. I had an additional cabin booked for my daughter’s family, the original April cruise was for her 40th birthday. I rescheduled to July and then to March 2021. Last month they decided to bail so I cancelled the March cruise and was able to get a full refund for the extra cabin in addition to getting my FCC and OBC transferred to our May cruise. 

I did initially have a problem when I cancelled through a PVP but called the 800# who transferred me to the Resolutions Department. That rep was great and took care of the transfer and refunds. Also, I had purchased the Cheers package during the 20% off Sale and was able to transfer it to the May cruise through the Fun Shop but I needed to call and transfer it before the cancellation. 

So you got credited  with $1200  bonus obc to ONE cruise?     

Thanks but in order to transfer the amount paid on one of the cancelled Cruises do I have to go through my travel agent or can I go directly to Carnival resolutions department?

For the 2 cancelled Cruises, the 2 deposits paid in fresh cash are $550 & $344

The third Cruise which is not cancelled has a balance payment of $635

1. So which deposit should I transfer to the third Cruise?
2. If I transfer both the deposits, can the excess payment can be converted to OBC or not?
3. Carnival is offering 600 OBC for each of the 2 cancelled Cruises. Can both OBCs be added on to the third Cruise?

5 minutes ago, drsel said:

Thanks but in order to transfer the amount paid on one of the cancelled Cruises do I have to go through my travel agent or can I go directly to Carnival resolutions department?

For the 2 cancelled Cruises, the 2 deposits paid in fresh cash are $550 & $344

The third Cruise which is not cancelled has a balance payment of $635

1. So which deposit should I transfer to the third Cruise?
2. If I transfer both the deposits, can the excess payment can be converted to OBC or not?
3. Carnival is offering 600 OBC for each of the 2 cancelled Cruises. Can both OBCs be added on to the third Cruise?

First-   go through the TA.     

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

So you got credited  with $1200  bonus obc to ONE cruise?     

No, I was credited $600 OBC for my cabin that was transferred three times and hopefully the May cruise will be a go. The $600 OBC for my daughter’s cabin was lost because I cancelled and got a full refund. 

On 9/15/2020 at 7:49 PM, xDisconnections said:

Based on the simple fact the OP exchanged flexibility in order to receive a discount. The OP has a binding contract where his deposit is non-refundable. In my opinion, he should not be permitted to make this change without being subjected to the administrative fee unless Carnival cancels the sailing.

Exceptions should not be made when the passenger made the decision to have a non-refundable deposit over a refundable deposit. That said, YMMV -- some have been successful; others not so much.

It doesn't seem like the op is looking for a refund but to apply the deposit to a future cruise. I might be wrong but I think there is a difference.

1 minute ago, CJHAN said:

It doesn't seem like the op is looking for a refund but to apply the deposit to a future cruise. I might be wrong but I think there is a difference.

Yes, I’m aware. Non-refundable also includes things such as not permitting the deposit to be moved to another sailing without paying an administrative fee.

Per my above post in which you quoted, it does state “In my opinion, he should not be permitted to make this change without being subjected to the administrative fee unless Carnival cancels the sailing.”