Planning Spirit 2022, a few questions please!

jabrown40

I have cruised on NCL a few times, but its been a few years and of course, everything changes.  Due to  the right for us Japan itinerary in 2022,  my son and I would like to book this cruise.  Under the current promotion, it says up to 1400.00 for drinks.  Will they apply this to a drink package if you want to just get a package?  Also, I wasn't used to the ala carte dining, it used to be a set price, so it seems like you just get monetary credits now. Also, can you reserve several specialty restaurants before you go, or is there a limit? We are looking at a penthouse suite, but wasn't sure if the bed could be separated?  It just says queen bed, although it does have a pull out couch, and he's willing to use that if needed.  Thank you,  can't wait til we get to cruise again!

Hello, I am not sure which suite you are looking at, but we have sailed in 9212. It is a wonderful Aft cabin.  The bedroom has a large bed. I think it is a king, I don’t believe it can be separated, but not 100% sure on that. Perhaps others know.   The living room has a futon type couch that is comfortable.  There is an actual door between the bedroom and the living room.  The bathroom has a jetted tub and a separate shower that  Both overlook the wake. Love that cabin. 

I am not sure about the dinning policy now, but last year we reserved three or four reservations several months in advance and I think 10 days before reservations opened for non suite quests. So got our dates and times no problem. 

No clue about the drink package. I am sure someone will have advice. Enjoy your cruise.  

20 hours ago, jabrown40 said:

Under the current promotion, it says up to 1400.00 for drinks

There's another thread discussing the changes on the site.  It seems to be in a state of flux, with different people getting different displays of the offer.  Some are seeing the monetary credit, some see the free open bar with the value of that listed and others are just seeing the free open bar.

20 hours ago, jabrown40 said:

Also, I wasn't used to the ala carte dining, it used to be a set price, so it seems like you just get monetary credits now

If you get a dining package rather than a value to spend, you have no limit on the appetizers and desserts with a limit of one entree as that is the only limitation when you review the terms of the promotion.

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1