Healthy Sail Panel

NavArch64

I read it, but  I was really sad for the 'testing" part. I understand it, they want no covid on the ship. But for me it means, that I can set sail again after Covid.  Testing is not the most easy thing to do for me. 😞

But maybe, when all this is taking longer, that I could put myself over that. For now I am trying to think that somewhere in 2021 we will have a vaccine and things will get back to whatever we called normal. 

As one Official summed up Cruises resuming "it will not be turning on a light switch but a dimmer switch" and it's going to take time for things to get back to normal.  The new Protocols will not be for everyone and that's a personal choice.  Many are very anxious to return and will Sail with the new Protocols in place.  For those that won't probably best to book in 2022 or beyond.

A different viewpoint from many of the comments here.  We normally do Private Excursions or DIY's, too, but we are willing to do the Ship Excursions until Cruising gets back to "normal"  and understand the reason for it.   The Ships will be at 50% -  70% capacity to allow for Social Distancing.  When we go out for dinner now we wear a Face Mask to enter, walk to our Table and then put on our Mask to exit.  At the Table the Mask comes off.  It's actually been very nice  as a Customer having the table distance apart since our Restaurants are at 50% and every other table are the ones being sat.  When we're Indoors whether it's a store, etc. we are mandated to wear a Face Mask.  So, if having to wear the Mask is a requirement to walk the Hallway to our Room, go into an Elevator or walk on Promenade until we sit at a table in a Lounge, etc. for a drink, it's not a deal breaker for us (it's how life is on land for us now).  Many hotels on land require Mask to be worn indoors as well.  Our Entertainment Theaters have opened and we went to a Show.  Every other Row is left empty and four seats in same Row are left empty in between customers.  (Very nice not having the one who can't stop talking throughout the Show or the Cougher behind us.)  I'm not sure how the Cruise Lines will do it but our Theaters allow for Face Mask to be removed as long as seated. 

Reading some of the MSC reviews of those who actually cruised under the new Protocols they still very much enjoyed their Cruise even with the new Protocols in place.   As I said it's a personal choice and may not be right for everyone but we're willing to give it a try.   

• Like 4

On 9/21/2020 at 9:58 PM, cruisemom42 said:

Perhaps that would be better phrased as:  Have the CDC, FDA and HHS become as political as CLIA?

I have thought about your statement for a few days.  All organizations such as CLIA have their own agendas that they wish to advance.  I used Wikipedia for a definition of "political".  I found this phrase:  "Members of a party often agree to take the same position on many issues and agree to support the same changes to law...."  So, yes, the CLIA is political.

Is it as political as what we are observing with the actions of HHS, FDA, and CDC?  Each American will have their own opinion of that.  I have my opinion as I would think you would have your opinion as well.  

37 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I have thought about your statement for a few days.  All organizations such as CLIA have their own agendas that they wish to advance.  I used Wikipedia for a definition of "political".  I found this phrase:  "Members of a party often agree to take the same position on many issues and agree to support the same changes to law...."  So, yes, the CLIA is political.

Is it as political as what we are observing with the actions of HHS, FDA, and CDC?  Each American will have their own opinion of that.  I have my opinion as I would think you would have your opinion as well.  

CLIA has their own PAC; it doesn't get much more political than that.

CDC is under huge political pressure -- not sure that is the same thing as being political. 

36 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

CDC is under huge political pressure -- not sure that is the same thing as being political. 

No question that the first part of your sentence is correct in my opinion.  Is the Agency itself being "political"?  No.  The good people who are the employees of that Agency are doing the very best that they can do in my opinion.  It is the "leadership" of HHS, FDA, and the CDC that are trying to make the best efforts of those good people who work at CDC political.  Neither the cruise industry nor the country at large benefit in the situation that currently exists.    

• Like 3