Delayed flights

cruiserssandr

Any one had experience with flights delayed due to weather. We are due to fly out of Boston on Sunday morning. There is a snow storm predicted for late Saturday into Sunday. Hopeing to leave Boston not much later than the original time of 7:49 AM. What are the chances of the ship being held for "New England passengers". Last year our ship was 3 hours late because we were waiting for people (35) with a weather flight delay. Is this the norm? We were not able to originally fly a day early due to work.:confused:

Its a toss up. If lots of passengers are delayed, AND the first port is easily reachable, then they might wait. But it is entirely up to the captain and his decision. Don't rely on it. Do take your proof of insurance, and emergency phone list, including the local port agent numbers in case your flight is delayed and call ahead to let them know. Be prepared to use Plan B. I figure it's like Murphy's law, the more prepared you are the less you will need it.

Carnival says to call this number if you are experiencing a travel delay en route to the ship 1-877-885-4856 or 1-305-406-4779. They are staffed 24 hrs a day.

Do you have trip insurance that can help pay for you to catch up to the ship or did you book air through Carnival?

Have you checked with your airline to see if you can fly out tomorrow? I think I'd rather do that than risk the ship not waiting on you. If you do wait to fly out Sunday, I would check to see what your options are for catching up to the ship at the first port.

My son talked my wife and daughter on a trip out to DC. The wife left Albuquerque two hours ago and she will meet the son and daughter in Salt Lake shortly. So far their flight from SLC to DCA has not had any delays....we will see. It sounds like NY is were they think the action will be. However there is an advisory from Atlanta all the way up the East coast. Tim

Any one had experience with flights delayed due to weather. We are due to fly out of Boston on Sunday morning. There is a snow storm predicted for late Saturday into Sunday. Hopeing to leave Boston not much later than the original time of 7:49 AM. What are the chances of the ship being held for "New England passengers". Last year our ship was 3 hours late because we were waiting for people (35) with a weather flight delay. Is this the norm? We were not able to originally fly a day early due to work.:confused:

The forecast for Boston is 15 inches of snow tonight. Call and see if they will let you fly out today.

I think when you find that a ship was held for a couple of hours for weather delays, it is to protect and accomodate those that have used cruise-air thru the cruiseline. They have alot less responsibility to those that have booked their own air and not allowed for contingencys such as weather. I am a bit surprised that people living in Boston would book a winter flight, where timing is important, would book same day travel. Suggest you read your travel insurance coverage NOW! Remember, there probably are alot more people looking for air seats today instead of tomorrow. Good luck. Keep us posted.

As you know snow removal in Boston is good as long as you don't get two feet. It sounds like you might be alright. I just talked to the wife and she got on her plane in SLC and there are not delays at the present time. Let us know if you make your flight. Tim

Delta and Southwest have already started cancelling flights for tomorrow, other airlines will probably follow suit. If you are scheduled to fly out tomorrow, call now and see if you can get on a flight out. Or better yet, head to the airport and see what can get you out of town.

It is a gamble when you have a winter cruise and live in New England. We are sailing out on a Sunday in March and have purchased insurance. My husband works Saturdays. Most anyone who works weekends can understand how difficult it is to get 1 Saturday off, let alone two. A good old fashioned N'oreaster can screw up flights for days.:mad:

Early today, AirTran cancelled 56 flights and will update later with New England cancellations. Some people never learn the need to travel a day early and BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE. Remember, the folks from all those cancellations will be looking for the earliest flights as flights start up again. There will be quite a backlog and many delays since planes will be flying full for several days.

http://money.aol.com/news/articles?id=n20060210185809990016

• 2 weeks later...

Well @ 10 on Saturday morning American called to let us know that our flight for Sunday morning had been canceled. With a little bit of work they were able to book us on a flight Saturday afternoon. We had to pack real quick and get our son to give us a ride in to Logan. We had to fly to Dallas for the night and then to Miami in the morning. Our air was booked through NCL and we did have insurance. Everything turned out just fine and we had a great cruise. Time to plan the next oe!

Archived