About security

angelrmt

I was just wondering what happens if there is a troublemaker on board. I heard stories about couples having real bad fights on boards. You know sometimes it happens when people drink. Just wondering. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Yes, there is plenty of security on the ships. I've heard of passengers being removed from the ship, as well as some being put into the brig. Like everywhere else you go, there are rogues.

And Angel - tone down your font, ok?:)

My eyes..my eyes!!! Please make your font smaller and less bold. Thank you.

I was just wondering what happens if there is a troublemaker on board. I heard stories about couples having real bad fights on boards. You know sometimes it happens when people drink. Just wondering. Thanks in advance for your answers.

madelinerose, I agree. The dark blue and huge letters are very tough to handle.

To the OP, there is a brig (jail) on board ships and they do not hesitate to put anyone causing major trouble into the brig. They will also kick people off the ship at the next port. On one cruise, two men got into a fight at the midnight buffet, breaking a chair, some flower arrangements and a table. Both men and their families were kicked off the ship the next morning, and had bills for the damage (reportedly over $5000) added to their shipboard account.

Carnival security came knocking on my door to inform me that my 18 yr old was drinking alcohol, after they had reminded him that he is not allowed. I was very thankful that they took their time to inform me.

I wish they would have arrested the adult fool that was buying it for him and his friends!

I understand.;) My mother is also legally blind. Sorry, but of course, I wasn't aware of your problem. It's just that newbies come here and don't realize their font/color is glaring. Go ahead - post away.....!:)

Wow, you sure have cruised a lot Cotton. I have a question for you...I have my birth certificate but it does not have the raised seal on it. I think that our state does not give them out anymore with raised seals. Do you think I will have a problem with this? Also, my ID name is different from my maiden name because I kept my ex husband's last name. Will this be a factor too? Oh yes, I have diabetic retinapathy. I can see about 40 percent. This will be my first cruise and I was a little hesistant to go on this cruise because of my disability but my daugther talked me into going. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I will be going on July 23rd with Congquesdt.

Don't worry about your birth certificate not having the same name as your driver's license. Cruise lines know that 90% of adult women won't have the same last name now as they did when they were born. Just as long as the name on your cruise documents is the same as your photo ID, like your driver's license, there won't be a problem. I've been on 42 cruises and not once has a cruise line ever asked for my marriage license or my divorce decree.

As for the raised seal, a lot of states no longer use the raised seal, and some are even issuing birth certificates that look like credit cards. As long as it's state issued, and not one from the hospital, you'll be fine.

thank you all of you guys. I have been very anxious about me being legally blind and going on this cruise. I am going with a lot of people and don't want to drag them down with my disability. But I figured if my sight gets worst at least I have something to remember and enjoy life huh? Thanks a lot for reassuring me. Now I am looking forward to it even more.

Archived