Scrapyard Images of Ships

Tom-n-Cheryl

If you scroll down and select "view gallery" over one of the images, they'll come up with more detail.

Amazing, when you think about all the good times (sure, some other times as well) which occurred on these ships over the years. 

This is a time when being a "picker" onboard would be like a kid in a candy shop!

We were lucky enough when they did the first big remodel of the Owner's Suites on the Sensation to get the two murano glass lamps from the master bedroom. It was nice to have a little piece of history!

Tom

On 10/7/2020 at 1:34 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

If you scroll down and select "view gallery" over one of the images, they'll come up with more detail.

Amazing, when you think about all the good times (sure, some other times as well) which occurred on these ships over the years. 

This is a time when being a "picker" onboard would be like a kid in a candy shop!

We were lucky enough when they did the first big remodel of the Owner's Suites on the Sensation to get the two murano glass lamps from the master bedroom. It was nice to have a little piece of history!

Tom

Spurt is sad, agree on the owners suites...

I wonder if anyone at Carnival ever considered auctioning off (or outright selling) certain items from the retired ships to those of us that would like to have a bit of cruise memorabilia. Items such as furniture,  ship's decor (i.e. paintings), etc. The money (or at least a portion of it) could go to St. Jude's. Oh well. Too late now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

I wonder if anyone at Carnival ever considered auctioning off (or outright selling) certain items from the retired ships to those of us that would like to have a bit of cruise memorabilia. Items such as furniture,  ship's decor (i.e. paintings), etc. The money (or at least a portion of it) could go to St. Jude's. Oh well. Too late now.

Call me crazy but I don't believe Carnival is currently in the position of being able to donate to charities.