Just Sharing our Cancelled by Royal Refund Experience

klfrodo

In 2019 we sailed on the Allure.

While on board, we booked a future cruise using the "Next Cruise" promotion with a $300 deposit.

We knew that we wanted to sail the Med in 2021, but the exact dates were not open yet.

Then, as soon as the dates opened, our TA booked us on the Vision of the Seas out of Barcelona.

Completed the deposit, got Steve busy on our insurance.

Pre-covid, later in the year we paid more towards the cruise.

Covid hits.....

On September 25, 2020, Royal sends my wife the official e-mail canceling the Vision cruise entirely.

No L&S option. No move option, no nothing option, we will refund all monies paid to date to original form of payment within 45 days

Fortunately, the refunds hit all the different cards on or about October 1.

No moaning or complaining. Just sharing our experience. Happy that Royal didn't take forever for the refunds.

It has been a pain trying to rearrange our travel plans but back when Covid first hit, our plans always had flexibility built into them.

The plans still do have flexibility.

If the EU lets us in, we go.

If the new ship can't sail, but we can still get in country, we turn the trip into a land vaca.

If the EU won't let us in and the ship won't sail,,,,,, we roll with the punches and plan on 2022.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had 2 future cruise credits to use that we had purchased a couple of years ago & kept forgetting to use them.  We finally booked a cruise for next Nov., 2021 which has now been cancelled already.  We didn't actually have to put a cash deposit on & hadn't sent in a payment yet.  We have until 10/31 to book something else or get our deposit back.  But technically, we didn't pay a deposit.  So now I don't know if I'll lose those 2 future cruise credits.  I've waited a bit before calling RCCL to see if I heard anything from them on this.  What a mess.