Magnifica from Southampton

ziggyuk

Hi,

I have been looking at the Magnifica cruises out of Southampton next May.

I think Magnifica is due to start sailing again in three days on 19th October.  I realise nothing is safe as things stand but I was thinking Magnifica is probably as good as it gets right now, I would value anyone's thoughts?

These cruises are very tempting as they are all inclusive, I live 20 minutes away and the all leave on a Saturday.

Thanks Ziggy

Edited by ziggyuk

I was thinking much like you ziggy, but have decided to bite the bullet and have booked for June to the Norwegian Fjords. Two things helped decide it. MSC's current 'Stress Free Cruising' policy on all bookings upto 31st December and the excellent review Petra posted  on CC over the course of her recent MSC cruise out of Italy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirJackDaniels said:

I was thinking much like you ziggy, but have decided to bite the bullet and have booked for June to the Norwegian Fjords. Two things helped decide it. MSC's current 'Stress Free Cruising' policy on all bookings upto 31st December and the excellent review Petra posted  on CC over the course of her recent MSC cruise out of Italy. 

We are looking at two (just greedy 🙂) Guernsey for a simple 2 night weekend getaway then also looking at the Fjords in July, I'm just so tempted now the ship is running again but I still have that niggling doubt it will get cancelled but at least there are no flights, hotels or hire cars involved.

1 hour ago, emmas gran said:

FCO still advises No to cruises so are you covered by Travel Insurance — we are not so cannot even book a cruise for next year 🤣🤣

It's a good point, my travel insurance does cover me for Covid including all medical bills etc but I had not considered what impact the FCO advice has on that, as you are normally not covered if you go against FCO advice. Clearly I need to research this more.

Edited by ziggyuk

8 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Hi,

I have been looking at the Magnifica cruises out of Southampton next May.

I think Magnifica is due to start sailing again in three days on 19th October.  I realise nothing is safe as things stand but I was thinking Magnifica is probably as good as it gets right now, I would value anyone's thoughts?

These cruises are very tempting as they are all inclusive, I live 20 minutes away and the all leave on a Saturday.

Thanks Ziggy

They really are good deals that are being offered especially with the drink packages included.

I think that they can only increase in price.

We've booked the Fjords.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

They really are good deals that are being offered especially with the drink packages included.

I think that they can only increase in price.

We've booked the Fjords.

Totally agree, I just booked the two Fjords & Guernsey.

Guernsey was £220 for a Fantasia Balcony, premium drinks package and gratuities, how can you go wrong for a weekend away.

Hi,

I`m booked for the May 31st cruise, a 13 day/12 night from Southampton on the Magnifica. Not totally convinced because of the pandemic, just looking very carefully how things goes the next weeks.

Another thing that motivate us was the stretch and renovation that was going to take place on the ship, unfortunately rumours indicate that has been postponed for a later date.

Regards from Puerto Rico!!!