RESERVATIONS ON SPLENDOR - 2 QUICK QUESTIONS!

Texas Duck

My wife and I are traveling with two friends and used a "discount TA".  We made reservations on the Splendor for the 2021 summer (keeping our fingers crossed) and have a couple of questions.  

1.     Our suite category is only GTY (guaranteed).  When would you expect that Regent will actually allow us to select our suite number?  Sooner OR later? 

2.    We want to sit with our friends at the "reservation only restaurants".  2 questions.  Will I, for example, be allowed to make reservations for 4 people or just for my wife and me?  Do they start taking dinner reservations at midnight on the published date - which actually means I could make reservations - because of time zones - earlier since we are not on the east coast?

Thanks!

1. Never. GTY means Regent picks it for you.

2. You can usually add your friends to the reservation ahead of time. No idea but you won't have a problem getting in.

I was going to ask what a Discount TA is but if they never bothered to tell you what a GTY means I guess I can figure out the rest.

2. You’ll be able to make an online reservation for four people. When you make the reservation online, you’ll be asked if you want to share a table. It’s counterintuitive but you must say no. If you say yes, then Regent Will assign people to the table and you may not be seated with your friends. After saying no you will be asked if you want to assign anyone else to the table. At that point you will enter your friends’ names and booking number and the table will be made up of the four of you. Reservations will open at midnight in the eastern time zone. So if you make reservations from Texas, you can do so beginning at 11 PM the previous day.

Dave

13 hours ago, Texas Duck said:

Our suite category is only GTY (guaranteed).  When would you expect that Regent will actually allow us to select our suite number?  Sooner OR later? 

GTY means that Regent 'guarantee' to allocate a suite in the grade booked or higher. As @Pcardad says, it is Regent who choose your suite number; you do not get to choose. You can try stating a preference, but don't hold your breath.

From the FAQ section of the Regent website:

What is a Guarantee Booking?

We may (at our discretion) offer you the option of making a ‘Guarantee’ (GTY) booking. This means you may book a suite of a guaranteed minimum category booking type, (specified by us prior to booking) on your chosen ship. However, the exact location of the suite on the ship will be allocated by us (at our discretion) and at any time up until checking in at the port. Once your GTY suite has been allocated to you we are unable to accept changes requested by you. If you have a specific requirement, or suite location we suggest you do not book a GTY. Please note: If you book multiple segments there is a possibility that you may be allocated different suites on each segment of your cruise, therefore necessitation the need to move between suite on the changeover day between your consecutive segments.

In our experience of making GTY bookings, sometimes a suite is allocated soon after booking; sometimes not until check-in. Sometimes the suite is allocated in the grade booked; sometimes in a higher grade.

Fortunately, thus far, we have not been disappointed in the suites allocated ................. however with a GTY you do run the risk of being allocated a suite in a less than favourable location; but I am not aware of any particularly bad locations on Splendor.

THANKS PCARDAD, DAVEFR AND FLOSSIE009.  

Exactly the info I was looking for.  As an observation - cruisecritic responses have been spot on and respectful.   I have noticed in the past few years - on other travel websites - some of the answers tend to be rude and degrading.

Thanks again!

Edited by Texas Duck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1