Voyager OTS Departing from Venice --When?

nelblu

I'm an early riser and at 5 AM while searching the TV channels came across "Dream Cruises" on AWC channel.  I came across the channel at about 5:05 and missed the intro, however, I was able to recognize that it was a large RCL ship.  The description the channel indicated that it was an Adriatic Sea cruise.  Anyway, into the program and the host identified the ship as Voyager and the itinerary was Venice, Slovenia, Livorno, Bari, Dubrovnik and back to Venice.  Also, they identified one of the SR as Portofino.

I've taken some 4 12 niters out of Barcelona and can't recall this itinerary or such a large ship out of Venice.  For my simple curiosity,  can anyone shed light on the time period and was this a regular itinerary of one-off.

I do know that the Yugoslavian civil war ended on or about 2001.

Ps.  The host made it sound as though it was more current and the program description did not have a time period if it was aired previously.

Voyager's summer homeport was Barcelona in 2010, and was Venice in 2011. I still kept the e-brochures at that time.

In May 2012 she started her reposition journey to Asia (Barcelona > Dubai > Singapore > Shanghai).

https://www.traveldailymedia.com/dubai-welcomes-second-biggest-ship-in-uae-history/

image.thumb.png.f4d4f3b17069b724cd9a7fa7ac530532.png

image.png.9aef09b6cbab3b8ba57e915976d95c5e.png

Thanks for the info.  I see that itinerary was in 2011, which does not seem that long ago.

The tv program made it sound much more current and anyone not having a bit of knowledge would think that way.

We did 4 12 niters on both the Brilliance (3) and Serenade and found sailing/departing Venice the most beautiful sight of all the ports that we have sailed into and from.  Second is the NYC skyline.

It's too bad that these size ships are forbidden from Venice, but I understand.