Mariner spacious panoramic ocean view

gdwest

Curious as to the "view" of this classification.  We have booked stateroom 1852 which is front-facing.  Is there a walkway going in front of this type of stateroom.

I have looked at images available of the forward area of the ship; however, not having any luck.

Thanks!

Below is are shots of the front of both the port, first shot, and starboard sides of deck 12 on the sister ship Navigator.

There is a walkway one deck below on deck 11 as shown in the third shot  so this walkway is not directly in front of those panoramic view windows.

P1220676.JPG

P1220675.JPG

P1220677.JPG

Edited by robtulipe

58 minutes ago, gdwest said:

Curious as to the "view" of this classification.  We have booked stateroom 1852 which is front-facing.  Is there a walkway going in front of this type of stateroom.

I have looked at images available of the forward area of the ship; however, not having any luck.

Thanks!

We were on Adventure of the Seas in a panoramic ocean view cabin ( slightly starboard  ) and loved it.  It was very spacious and we appreciated the two chairs and small table facing the large windows.  No obstruction.  Only small inconvenience is you have to go outside if you want to go aft or take the elevator to a lower floor.  We had an unannounced window washer drop in . They could have let us know but no harm done.   

Edited by NHProud

More picture of 1802 on Explorer of the Seas. It should be identical to the one on Navigator. Just your room will be a mirror image of 1802. (Bed on the left wall / tv on the right wall). 

D360E0FA-8E27-4ACB-8426-55DF68DE26E9.jpeg

6D054E74-0BFE-45FA-9F42-2AF89F6E429D.jpeg

Edited by SkaterJasp
  • Like 1

I found some pictures I took of 1852 on Voyager of the Seas. Not as detailed as 1802 on Explorer. This sailing left out of Hong Kong so that’s why there’s slippers and a kettle in the room. 

11A19686-2B1D-4CAA-BE57-997BDCFFB83D.jpeg

1A973946-8274-444C-A9B9-3F603E94CAE9.jpeg

Edited by SkaterJasp

1 hour ago, SkaterJasp said:

6D054E74-0BFE-45FA-9F42-2AF89F6E429D.jpeg

I was going to mention that we were on the Freedom in 1854 and 1804, on either side of the cabin the OP has booked.  The view was incredible.  Looking back at our photos, I see a glass and metal projection beneath our window (that is not viewable unless you go right up to the window).  However, I did notice a metal structure that could be in the view of the OP, that you captured perfectly in your photo above.  If that was not there, the view would be absolutely perfect.  If I was the OP, I would see if I could switch to one of the cabins on either side of where they have booked but slanting in the deck plan on a 45 degree angle near the front of the ship, but not the very front 2 cabins (1802 and 1852).  That metal thing would bug me.  Below is the photo I took from our window when in 1804 and you can see that large metal structure but it is to the side so it did not impact our view.

GOPR1049_DxO_DxO.jpg

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

I was going to mention that we were on the Freedom in 1854 and 1804, on either side of the cabin the OP has booked.  The view was incredible.  Looking back at our photos, I see a glass and metal projection beneath our window (that is not viewable unless you go right up to the window).  However, I did notice a metal structure that could be in the view of the OP, that you captured perfectly in your photo above.  If that was not there, the view would be absolutely perfect.  If I was the OP, I would see if I could switch to one of the cabins on either side of where they have booked but slanting in the deck plan on a 45 degree angle near the front of the ship, but not the very front 2 cabins (1802 and 1852).  That metal thing would bug me.  Below is the photo I took from our window when in 1804 and you can see that large metal structure but it is to the side so it did not impact our view.

GOPR1049_DxO_DxO.jpg

The metal thingie is actually directly between 1802 and 1852. You won’t see it or the obstruction is very minimal if you’re laying in bed or sitting on the couch but you will see it if you’re standing right up against the glass.  The flow boards do obstruct the view more when placed up against the glass. 

Edited by SkaterJasp

19 hours ago, SkaterJasp said:

The metal thingie is actually directly between 1802 and 1852. You won’t see it or the obstruction is very minimal if you’re laying in bed or sitting on the couch but you will see it if you’re standing right up against the glass.  The flow boards do obstruct the view more when placed up against the glass. 

I thought the flowboards made the view even better personally.  Good thing we didn't put the other boards up there on the ledge too then 🤣🤣

19 hours ago, SkaterJasp said:

Your photography is excellent 

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We (the two of us) are booked in cabin #1804 on Freedom for Canada/New England...very excited with this new to us category.

But I will miss the tub/shower I usually have.

Waking up to this amazing view is worth the experience.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We (the two of us) are booked in cabin #1804 on Freedom for Canada/New England...very excited with this new to us category.

But I will miss the tub/shower I usually have.

I personally would trade the tub/shower for that view any day.  The photos below are from our stay in cabin 1804 on the Freedom in March 2017.  Enjoy

GOPR1042_DxO_DxO.jpg

GOPR1043_DxO_DxO.jpg

GOPR1040_DxO_DxO.jpg

GOPR1041_DxO_DxO.jpg

GOPR1047_DxO_DxO.jpg

DSC_0313.JPG

• Like 2

Yes .... I said I'll miss it (tub/shower) but not enough to give up the views and the great price I originally got this cabin for vs a GS/OS at the time of booking and getting able to book it for just the two of us.

Thanks for the great pictures...I've also watched the YouTube of this cabin many times.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes .... I said I'll miss it (tub/shower) but not enough to give up the views and the great price I originally got this cabin for vs a GS/OS at the time of booking and getting able to book it for just the two of us.

Thanks for the great pictures...I've also watched the YouTube of this cabin many times.

It’s essentially your own private Viking crown lounge 

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/27/2020 at 10:10 PM, SkaterJasp said:

So glad to find this thread as I booked room 1802 on FOS this September. I loved the size of the room but hadn't been able to find pictures anywhere. Thanks for the great photos since I assume these are identical to Freedom of the Seas.