Rescheduling -Wind Spirit or Breeze for 7d Tahiti 2021?

Dd3thomas

We are biting the bullet and rescheduling our current Jan 7th, 2021, 7 day Tahiti cruise on Wind Spirit for later in the year. Thought about canceling the cruise and still go for a island hopping visit but the Windstar staff is being awesome about switching dates and mentioned that in Nov of 21, the Breeze will be there.

That got us thinking, do we reschedule Apr-Oct on Spirit or wait and try Breeze? This will be our first Windstar cruise and first time in Tahiti. Looking for feedback on what people’s opinions are on the two ships – Pro’s/Con’s – which is the best for that area/cruise?

I also rescheduled, from Jan. 14 to March 4, and wanted to stay with sailing on the spirit Spirit. I did a Tahiti cruise 20 years ago with Renaissance, on one of the 650 pax R ships. All these years I have been saying if I ever get back to Tahiti it will be on a small Windstar sailing ship. It's the main reason I chose this cruise, along with the spectacular deal I have. Find a date for the Spirit, it will be like sailing french Polynesia on a private yacht. 

Windstar just canceled Tahiti sailings until March 25th

Our yachts will resume sailing on these dates:

Wind Spirit – March 25, 2021 – Tahiti
Star Breeze – March 27, 2021 – Caribbean
Star Legend – April 7, 2021 – Mediterranean
Wind Star – April 13, 2021 – Mediterranean
Wind Surf – April 24, 2021 – Mediterranean
Star Pride – July 6, 2021 – Northern Europe

I just received notification that my February 11, 2021 11 night sailing on the Windspirit has been canceled. We were originally supposed to sail in September, so this is the 2nd cancellation. I really don't know what I want to do. I'm considering booking hotels and still going, since I have already changed my flights once and will incur problems with trying to do it again. I don't trust them to sail at all next year. Even if they do later in the year, I have another trip planned for September. 

Hopefully, others will have an easier time changing their trip.

I ended up rebooking Jun 10th last week. Even though the price was higher, they honored my original booking price. The gentleman I was working with did suggest us booking June/July or later. Wonder if he knew this was announcement was coming?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dd3thomas said:

I ended up rebooking Jun 10th last week. Even though the price was higher, they honored my original booking price. The gentleman I was working with did suggest us booking June/July or later. Wonder if he knew this was announcement was coming?

Ya think? I'm sure he knew. I asked the same person if I could rebook for March 25 with the same deal but haven't received an answer yet. On the notice from my TA about the cancellation it states my deposit is being refunded to my credit card without asking me if that's what I wanted. If W won't rebook me to a later date under the same terms as the cruise just cancelled I will just wait until another deal comes along. They are going to have a hard time selling future cruises to anyone until we see cruises actually going. Since many of us have been cancelled or changed 3 times now we are skeptical. 5 months from now when they are allegedly resuming  they may not even be around. 

• 2 weeks later...

So Windstar if you're listening - you wouldn't let me carry my March 11 - 18th booking over to a fall cruise at the same price. No hints on how you might help me rebook and make it work.   I'm under some time constraints with Air Tahiti Nui. (flights must be rebooked before the end of 2021) I couldn't get any hints of some assistance from Windstar or Oceania.  I actually was booked on both with a week on Moorea in between.  SO - I am using my Air Tahiti Nui one time date change for next fall.  I spent a couple of hours on the phone with a BIg Box South Pacific agent.  For almost the same price - 5 different islands, island hoppers, no tenders, pick and chose my excursions, snorkel when I want, all transfers, most meals, and social distance if I need to - and I am on the islands for 24hrs a day for almost 3 weeks - .  I know cruising is in a hard spot right now - but cruise lines are frustrating right now.  There is no way I will commit to a cruise at this time.  Last year, I cruised 7 times!  I do miss it - but I won't tie up my money with anyone right now unless I can get a refund.   (Some airlines are worse!)

• Thanks 1