"When you are ready for the perfect cruise.....try Windstar"

• Administrators

Hello Chris:

A co-worker who was in the know once told me "when you are ready for the perfect cruise...try Windstar".   I truly trust her judgement and a Windstar cruise is on my bucket list.  I've cruised countless times before on many different lines and I'm ready for something different.

So, can you offer up your best value in sailing on Windstar?  Which ship will satisfy:  new places to visit, comfy stateroom and really good food (not necessarily foo foo foo!).

Thanks for visiting with us!

The beautiful and graceful Wind Star and the Wind Spirit are both 148-pax ships. I have sailed on both, plus Wind Surf (342 pax) and the smaller ships are waaay more fun. It feels like you own the yacht personally.

Yes, there are less onboard diversions, but there is lots more camaraderie. Long-lasting friendships spring up. 

Nothing makes you feel more superior than standing on deck, with the awesome "sail-away" music pounding out as you sip your champagne and the dock slides away. The folk in their big ugly 12-story 5000+ pax ships gaze at you with envy, and wave. Just raise your glass in acknowledgement and smile. 

There's only one dining room and the food is always amazing. Wine at the table can be expensive, like $20+ bottle, but it's excellent.

You are permitted to bring your own wine on board without penalty from any port. 

Best trip I had was 14 days from Barbados through the Panama Canal and we debarked in Costa Rica. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ACruiseGuy: Star Breeze has just completed her major transformation with many more amenities on board. That would be a great yacht to try. All the suites have new bathrooms. There are 50 brand new suites, a larger pool and pool deck, new spa and fitness center and two new restaurants.  If you haven’t been to Tahiti, try sailing with us there. You’ll be able to explore the islands and take advantage of our complimentary water sports activities. We offer an incredible value in Tahiti when compared to a resort. Tahiti is also a favorite place of mine and I plan to take my family on vacation there as soon as we return to cruising.

Hi Content@Sea, Happy to hear you enjoyed cruises aboard the Wind ships. Now you can try the all-suite Star Plus Class ships soon. The Star Breeze is newly transformed with new suites, bigger pool and pool deck, new spa and fitness center and two new restaurants.