Ncl Joy cruise cancelled.

flacity49

My Joy cruise on January 31/2021 went down in price so I called to get reduced  price and was told it didn't exist. The representative said they all were canceled you should have gotten a letter October 3rd. I told her I just booked it last week and it still exists on the website and can still be booked as of today. 

We gave up a 30/2021 getaway cruise with $600 cruise credits for this one that was much cheaper that know don't exist.

Given that The Joy is still in The Philippines and NO ONE knows when She will start toward the States, or how long it will take to comply with all the new rules for sailing, it might be awhile before She sails out of the United States.

I would guess that a number more cruises will be canceled on all the ships.  Given that ships can ONLY sail 7 Day or shorter cruises out of US ports until next November, all kinds of cruises will probably be canceled.

Our Joy Jan. 31 panama canal cruise was recently cancelled and rescheduled with a new itinerary, which sounds like you booked.  

Person you spoke with may have thought you were talking about the original jan 31 12 day Panama Canal itinerary which was cancelled

The Jan. Feb. Joy panama canal cruises seem to now be 7day caribbean cruises 

Unless they cancelled the new itinerary as well  your booking should be ok

1 minute ago, more2sea said:

Our Joy Jan. 31 panama canal cruise was recently cancelled and rescheduled with a new itinerary, which sounds like you booked.  

Person you spoke with may have thought you were talking about the original jan 31 12 day Panama Canal itinerary which was cancelled

Or at least ok until the next change

54 minutes ago, more2sea said:

I am the op's sis -in-law and was with them when this call was made.  Our cruise was booked after the cancellations, in fact just last week.   When we called to take advantage of a price drop, they informed  us that new 7 day cruises were canceled also.   In fact they could not even find our reservation.    After at least a 30 min call  they found the reservation but said  that the cruise was not able to be booked and they should have never booked it.     My sister was quite upset and informed them that we canceled the Getaway sailing a day earlier to book this one.  

We had great prices on both of them.  Both in forward facing penthouse and the price was only about 600 difference,  however the getaway had 600 OBC.    They did restore our Getaway cruise at same price and the OBC,  but we wanted to try the Joy.   

We made the difficult decision to cancel our NCL Joy cruise last week, and are going to an all-inclusive resort instead. Our cruise was to have sailed on 03 January 2021, but given NCL's (understandable) decision to cancel all cruises through 31 December 2020, it just seemed increasingly likely that they'd cancel ours, too. Fortunately, we got our deposit back as well as the 2 CN certificates we'd used. They're good until 2024 so we aren't concerned about using them right away. Here's hoping that everyone else's cruises in 2021 will go ahead!