Grand voyage

jsscuba2

I am considering taking a small portion of a Grand Voyage. Are there any differences between this time of cruise then a regular cruise?

Are things more formal, type of people who sale. Food? In other words what can I expect.

CC has a World Cruise section on the Cruise Discussion Topics Forums list.  Many experienced world cruisers post on this Forum.  I'd suggest that you check that site and post your question there as well.

There is no short answer to your question.  Many variables:  which cruise line, itinerary, length of the cruise (and of your segment), as well as the experience for that particular world cruise.  (The newbie world cruisers for the 2020 world cruisers might provide much different opinions than those who have sailed in the past.)

My current short answer is:  if you are an experienced cruiser on the cruise line that you choose for your world cruise, much that you have come to enjoy will still be there.  There probably will be some "extra added attractions" in the areas of entertainment, cuisine, times in ports, shore excursion options, etc.  

Not knowing your opinion of using a travel agent or not, but, because of so many "moving pieces" in the planning for a world cruise, an experienced travel agent who has knowledge about world cruising will be very helpful for you.