Magic-aft cabin (not wrap around) or large balcony with large balcony

Laurab23

If you have not had an aft facing balcony they are nice. You get a great view of the ocean behind the ship. They are not as large as some other balconies. The balcony above can look down on you and there is a smaller partition between the balconies. We had one on the Dream an enjoyed it. 

We were on the Magic in February and had cabin 7454 it was the last cabin on the port side before the aft wrap.  Loved it,  the Magic is now my favourite ship.    This is not my video  but it is a video of the cabin.  I cannot believe I have no pictures of the cabin!!  😳  I usually take too many !!  anyway this cabin is in the perfect location.  

The large balcony on Magic was perfect and the best we've ever had.  We had two loungers and a table and still had extra room.  Not only that but you are right by the stairs to go down to the promenade or up to the lido.  Last straw is often times the large balcony can be had for the same price or maybe a couple $ more than a standard balcony!

Both would be wonderful.... if I had to choose, I would go for the larger balcony, on the side.

Though I have not stayed in an aft only facing balcony, we upgraded to an aft wrap one time.

We felt like it was hot in the sun, with no breeze on the aft part of the balcony.

The Aft Extended Balcony was GREAT. If you can get one of the 2 center rooms on each floor. They are longer and therefore have a little more room. We went with a group in November 2018 on the Magic and had 6 of the aft balconies on deck 9. The aft balconies are also less windy which we liked a lot.

IMG_2458.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

On 11/14/2020 at 8:53 PM, leedm said:

If you have not had an aft facing balcony they are nice. You get a great view of the ocean behind the ship. They are not as large as some other balconies. The balcony above can look down on you and there is a smaller partition between the balconies. We had one on the Dream an enjoyed it. 

Actually, the aft extended balconies on the magic are bigger than the standard one. They are a few feet deeper. Standard is 35 sq ft and the aft extended is 60 sq ft

Edited by FijiFlip

On 11/14/2020 at 8:53 PM, leedm said:

If you go to the top deck which is 9 on the Magic, there is an overhang and people above can not see down into your balcony. The floors below DEFINATELY have less privacy.

balcony overhang.jpg

Edited by FijiFlip