FCC for Canceled November Cruises

lgdesign

20 hours ago, gavenalex said:

I haven’t received mine yet, but I did get ports charges refunded a couple days ago.  Seaside 11/1 sailing.

My port charges were refunded also, but I did not receive the FFC email. so yesterday I called them.

I was told that my FFC is showing in the system and anytime I am ready I can apply it to another sailing by calling in. My booking number will remain the same.

I was also told that I can call in for a refund, if I do not want the credit.

I asked the CS rep to email me the information as she explained it, and she said OK...I'm still waiting.

I think I will just take the refund.

Also have a Feb, 2021 Carnival cruise booked, doubtful it will be a go

19 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

My port charges were refunded also, but I did not receive the FFC email. so yesterday I called them.

I was told that my FFC is showing in the system and anytime I am ready I can apply it to another sailing by calling in. My booking number will remain the same.

I was also told that I can call in for a refund, if I do not want the credit.

I asked the CS rep to email me the information as she explained it, and she said OK...I'm still waiting.

I think I will just take the refund.

Also have a Feb, 2021 Carnival cruise booked, doubtful it will be a go

Thamks... I've already rebooked for the same week next year on a different ship and plan to apply the FCC to that.

What they don't tell you is that the FCC can be used only against a cruise costing more or equal to the cruise which they cancelled. I discovered that today, when trying to book a 7 night med cruise! Not happy with MSC right now.

20 minutes ago, hamrag said:

What they don't tell you is that the FCC can be used only against a cruise costing more or equal to the cruise which they cancelled. I discovered that today, when trying to book a 7 night med cruise! Not happy with MSC right now.

G ... Sure I have seen it somewhere that if a cruise was to cost less than the FCC then the difference can be used for onboard spend such as tours.

It is on the UK website.

Edited by sidari

6 minutes ago, sidari said:

G ... Sure I have seen it somewhere that if a cruise was to cost less than the FCC then the difference can be used for onboard spend such as tours.

That's not the situation for us, as MSC cancelled our cruise before final payment. We received a FCC for £200, reflecting our deposit and also a 25% FCC for the total cruise price the FCC being £855...so the total cruise price of the cancelled cruise was £3420.

So, I am trying to book a cruise totalling £3344 and they will not allow me to apply the FCC (total £1055) because the cruise cost is less than the cancelled cruise i.e. 3344 v's 3420....Right now, my TA says MSC will not budge so I have asked them to do better....we shall see!

It's quite a ridiculous stance, or is it me being ridiculous??

39 minutes ago, hamrag said:

What they don't tell you is that the FCC can be used only against a cruise costing more or equal to the cruise which they cancelled. I discovered that today, when trying to book a 7 night med cruise! Not happy with MSC right now

I seem to recall that when you re book you have to pay the whole amount of the cruise cost unless that has changed since. There may be differences between a cancelled cruise with deposit compared to a fully paid up one.