12 night Summit 1/3/22 cancelled anyone have luck with getting L & S to the Equinox on 1/9/22

fedexretiree

Heard from my TA this week that all of the Celebrity cruises from SJU have been cancelled.  Guessing that it is due to the port situation.  I will truly miss the Summit, its crew and all of the great trips that we have taken on her.  

I was wondering if anyone that was booked on this trip had any luck with getting shifted to the 12 night Equinox on 1/9/22 for the same cost.

Celebrity offered to put us on the Silhouette on 1/4/2022 and said it was comparable but its not, only 10 nights and 5 ports.   Losing 5 ports and 2 days on that one doesn't sound comparable to me.

I tried to get Celebrity to put us on the Equinox which is 12 days and 7 ports (more comparable) than the Silhouette but they refused.  The cost per person on the Equinox is 675.00 more per person. 

My friend and I chose the Summit due to the fact that we really don't care for a lot of sea days and the Summit had 10 ports in 12 days, and was perfect for us. 

We tried.  Told absolutely not.  Must book at prevailing rate which is $1,200pp than our cancelled cruise!  No way we’re going to pay that increase to receive the same thing.  Very frustrating.  Given the new prevailing rates, our cruising is going to undergo some serious rethinking.

My friend and I were booked on this cruise also.  I am holding cabin on the Equinox for Jan. 9th 2022.  It will cost us $2000.00 per person to go on that sailing.  We have been to all the ports before so we stay on board by the pool.  We have the ship to ourselves. 

13 hours ago, FBrew said:

My friend and I were booked on this cruise also.  I am holding cabin on the Equinox for Jan. 9th 2022.  It will cost us $2000.00 per person to go on that sailing.  We have been to all the ports before so we stay on board by the pool.  We have the ship to ourselves. 

I would take the refund and look at other cruise lines.  Compared to the competition, the current prices are ridiculous.  

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I would take the refund and look at other cruise lines.  Compared to the competition, the current prices are ridiculous.  

Yes you got that right about the prices.  For this Equinox trip balcony is 2100 pp.  We moved our deposit from the Summit and were told we can get a full refund before final payment.  I am keeping all other options open for better pricing down the line, if not I think we may end up canceling this.

Shame of this all is the day that I got word about the Summit canceling was the same day this all inclusive went into play.  Had we known about this a day or so before I'll bet we could have moved our perks and gotten better pricing, .. Oh well...coulda, woulda, shoulda.