Pre Cruise Stay before Southampton Cruise

I have a cruise out of Southampton booked (hopefully end of May) and would love to spend a couple days before the cruise in Brighton as I used to have family there and would enjoy seeing it & the pier etc.   However, I won't have a car and I wondered how much trouble getting from Brighton to Southampton would be.  I would stay another couple of nights in Southampton before cruise.  

8 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

I have a cruise out of Southampton booked (hopefully end of May) and would love to spend a couple days before the cruise in Brighton as I used to have family there and would enjoy seeing it & the pier etc.   However, I won't have a car and I wondered how much trouble getting from Brighton to Southampton would be.  I would stay another couple of nights in Southampton before cruise.  

No problem

Friends do this trip twice a year and have a people carrier because of luggage £200.00

If two pax with 1 case each, then think it would be about £20.00 less for a standard car.

On 11/29/2020 at 7:55 PM, The Yorkshire Cruiser said:

Should be easy enough on train if that's an option - there are direct trains between Brighton and Southampton and the journey is just under 2 hours. 

Yes, let the train take the strain.

Direct hourly service to Southampton central station seven days a week, journey time around 2 hours, fare currently £17.70.

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

Timetables don't yet go out to May, check the website again from about February.

There are more options  but they involve one or two or three changes of train - best not to complicate matters.

No cruise terminal is more than a £10 taxi fare from the station.

JB :classic_smile:

Edited by John Bull