What's an NCL Christmas Cruise like?

NikiPinkston

21 hours ago, ace2542 said:

The corridors do but they play normal music in the club and the performers do normal stuff. Eating places are very busy. And it does not feel like Christmas. Not at all.

Christmas trees and decorations everywhere? Christmas Shows and music all over the ship? Families gathering in pyjamas and opening gifts with kids screaming and running around the atriums? How is that anything like a normal cruise and not christmasey?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Christmas trees and decorations everywhere? Christmas Shows and music all over the ship? Families gathering in pyjamas and opening gifts with kids screaming and running around the atriums? How is that anything like a normal cruise and not christmasey?

Because I wasn't in my own house. Watching various christmas tv programs and animation on BBC or ITV. And having my home made christmas dinner. It was a very good trip but it did not feel like christmas to me.

56 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

There are absolutely Christmas influences with the decorations, background music, some activities, and people wearing Santa hats and what not but it's very much a normal cruise.  

You'll have a Christmas Variety show, but you'll still have your normal shows too.  You'll have a Christmas menu, but you'll have your normal menu's too.  You'll have Christmas activities, but you'll have normal activities too.  You'll have Christmas decorations, but they blend into the background in short order just like they do when you're walking through stores and down streets. You'll see some Christmas decorations in some ports, but they're very much normal (though sometimes not everything's open).

The best way I can describe them is they're essentially a normal cruise with more families and a festive atmosphere.  You can focus on the Christmas themed things if you want to but if you don't they very much fall into the background.  

• Thanks 1