Here’s How Entertainment Onboard Norwegian Vessels Will Be Operating

Falckon

On 12/23/2020 at 9:51 AM, HowardK said:

I'll wait it out until 2023 or 2024 then. Not much else I can do about it. I don't want to be paying for a product that doesn't offer the same experience I  had in the past. 

I agree with you. A cruise where one feels like an extra on a hospital television show is not an experience that I would enjoy or pay money for.  Until cruising is like it was in 2019, I won't be on a ship.  Cruising was my favorite type of vacation. If there are many others like me, the prospects for the cruise lines are not good.

• Like 2

I've been wearing a mask daily at work (essential health care worker) for the past 9+ months. I'm used to it. Do I enjoy it so much that I keep it on in the privacy of my own home? No, of course not.

Travel and cruising for me is more about the destinations and itinerary. The ship is just the easiest way to see a bunch of places in a short amount of time. I go to bed, and wake up in a new land without have to pack/unpack and spend hours at airports or train stations. 

I'm fine with wearing my mask outside of my cabin and when wandering the new cities I would get to explore. For folks who prefer to cruise the 'old way or no way' - that's fine, it will help me secure a spot in those half filled shipped when they get the green light. 

It's easy for me to forget that the ship itself and those amenities that come with it are more important to others. Being from NY, I can go to amazing restaurants from every cuisine and see Broadway shows any day of the week (pre-Covid at least). So that stuff is just bonus frills to us. As long as we have a balcony cabin and I get to see more of the world, I'll be there with mask on and my smile hiding behind it.