New Cunard Cruiser

wesport

I have scheduled my first Cunard cruise next August. Hoping it will be a go. My question is if my ship arrives in Southampton at 6:30 am, what is the earliest I can catch a flight out of Heathrow?  I have options of 1pm and 2pm flights the day of embarkation. Would that allow enough time?  If not, really don't mind another night in London. 

31 minutes ago, wesport said:

I have scheduled my first Cunard cruise next August. Hoping it will be a go. My question is if my ship arrives in Southampton at 6:30 am, what is the earliest I can catch a flight out of Heathrow?  I have options of 1pm and 2pm flights the day of embarkation. Would that allow enough time?  If not, really don't mind another night in London. 

If you can self disembark, you should be off the ship by soon after 7, so with a car arranged to meet you at htat time, I should have thought you should be at Heathrow in time for the 2 pm. How long before take off do you have to check in? Nonetheless, there can be major holdups on the M3, and the M25. I would stay the night in London and avoid anxiety, but that is just me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

If you can self disembark, you should be off the ship by soon after 7, so with a car arranged to meet you at htat time, I should have thought you should be at Heathrow in time for the 2 pm. How long before take off do you have to check in? Nonetheless, there can be major holdups on the M3, and the M25. I would stay the night in London and avoid anxiety, but that is just me.

Agreed. Don’t need stress going home

I live not far from Heathrow and we're usually home by about 11am having been one of the last off. Saying that, traffic can be very bad on the route from Southampton and you aren't guaranteed to get into Southampton on time. Sometimes weather can delay things. I've never been delayed disembarking but have been emailed by Cunard the night before departure pushing back out embarkation time by an hour due to a late arriving ship.

You can probably make the 2pm flight but you'd spend the whole cruise worrying about arriving into Southampton on time, getting off the ship asap and not hitting traffic on the way.

• Like 1