Bed Size Question Dawn

tnt10

I have a question about the bed size in a Deluxe Owner's Suite with Balcony vs. a Deluxe Owner's Suite without Balcony.

The NCL website says the balcony suite has a Queen sized bed, and the non-balcony suite has a King sized bed.  Not sure why that would be since the rooms are essentially the same size.  also can these beds be separated into twins?

Would love to hear from anyone with first-hand knowledge.

Thanks!

NCL at games again with rooms to squeeze money.

Dawn and Star had OS on 9 and 10 from start.  DOS without balcony, two varieties, added to deck 12 around 2010.  Bed king size, no separation.

OS on 9&10 about the same except 10 have dining nook.  Both have front balcony and double wide side balcony.  This year they made the ones on 10 DOS to milk more than 9.  The 9 & 10 almost always more than DOS on 12.  9 & 10 also king, no separation.

To add, the DOS on 12 have two outer versions for four that overlook the wing of ship with huge living room but only a master bedroom and couch and one bathroom.

Inner two DOS can take six with separate inside stateroom.  Living room small with big post in it but you have the extra bathroom.

As you know, all four no balcony.

If you book an inner and outer you can close the outer most door between the two to create a foyer.

My sincere apologies.......

For some reason, my TA put "SB Deluxe Owners Suite" on my deposit receipt, when it should have been "SB Family Suite with Balcony".....

Sooooo sorry!

My question still remains the same:  The Family Suite with Balcony shows with a Queen bed, while the Family Suite without Balcony shows King bed?

Is that true?

Thanks all!

Really no apologies needed other than from NCL.  Late last year/early this year they changed suite designations splitting hairs to take in more cash.  Confusion is easy to be found with the changes.

On Dawn and Star which don't have Haven the OS on 9&10 were SB. They are now S2 and S3.  Non haven suites except the GVs were S plus letter but now plus number for the most part except POA which is FUBAR. YMMV on other ships and designation across fleet.

On the new ships which had same room type on 17 & 18, 17 which have slightly larger balcony are as much as $800 PP more I've seen.

All for your convenience, of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1