Reading the Runes

MikeD1000

Please - does anyone have any information, gossip or clairvoyance as to when Splendor will sail again?  We are booked on her in May 2001.  All cabins are currently waitlisted, which is often a bad sign, and we are due to make the final payment in January.

We are really excited at the thought of being on Splendor, but having lost three cruises so far this year we are anxious.

Happy Christmas everyone

Sorry to put a dampener on your cruise, but I cannot really see any foreign travel until later than May and even then probably not until late summer 2021. 

Realistically, think of all the people who will need to be vaccinated to allow free travel and then try to work out a timescale. 

I hope that I am not the bringer of bad news and I sincerely hope that I’m wrong. 

We keep planning a cruise but I can’t bring myself round to booking until I can see a way through this.  

Have a safe Christmas. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately nobody knows including Regent and all cruise lines. Do know nothing before April s as Nd after that a lot depends on the unknown future of the virus and how long it takes for enough people to take the vaccine to get rid of the virus. 

sorry but nobody can answer you question. 

Thanks for various replies.  We booked all our three 2020 cruises in 2019, so never expected there to be a problem.  May 2021 was booked last spring, in hope.  I wonder if Pcardad knows about Splendor.  At least she appears to be already in Europe.

It looks as if the Caribbean in December is going to be our best bet.

I checked our account with RSSC and it still says 9 February.  But thanks for the tip - we'll put pressure on our TA.   

I know the senior crew recalled for Splendor have been pushed back multiple times and they are currently on hold until late Feb - that is as of a week or so ago. That is for departure from their homes...add in travel and quarantine, etc and you get to April 1.....I expect that to change too.