Ship tours

ewh

Does anyone know if it's possible to get an engine room tour aboard the Galaxy? On our other cruises (just 2) we asked (even wrote a letter beforehand) but never even got the courtesy of a response. (Not on X)

Engine room tours are no longer possible.

ocngypz, how long have you thought this to be true. We had tablemate on their 43rd Celebrity cruise last year (March, 05) who told us of their engine room visit during their week. I know this is maybe a difference between official policy and a special bennie, but do you know when Celebrity supposidly shut that off?

We can only hope to be there.

Rick

Bro-inb-law wangled an engine room tour - I believe it was Westerdam (old).

He met an engineering officer in a bar, bought him a few drinks, and conned him into a tour. I was very jealous!

Absent a personal invite, damned near impossible to get into the engine room.

Hi, I was just on Zenith and Leisel (Capt Club Hostess) told me as

of 2006 the Galley Tours have been stopped too.

I told her I went on one while on Summit back in Oct. She said as of

last month they have been discontinued.

And she also mentioned Bridgetours are at the discretion of the

Captain.

Engine room has been off limits for awhile specially since 9/11.

I also question if anyone ever got to "THE" engine room were the equipment is for many reasons. (noise. moving parts, high temp. items, & etc, It is not a place a passenger would be taken)

They may have got to the Engine Control room where the staff watches and controls everything in "THE" engine room while the ship is under way. It is very interesting with it backup to the backup to the main computer and all the TVs showing "THE" engine room and key equipment. But it takes the Captain to OK and it is every every rare.

I agree, very rare, but he got into the Engine Room. It certainly helped that he was an engineer on similar machinery, but not on ships.

I have gotten as far as the Control Room, of the old Noordam, but certainly could not proceed into the Engine Room.

September 2004 - We took a tour of the Engine Systems Control room on Infinity. It was extremely fascinating. Ms. Flagger took a Galley Tour. January 2006 - Asked the Executive Chef if a Galley Tour was possible and was told that due to the fears of Norovirus and CDC concerns, they were no longer being offered.

The tour of the Galley was very interesting and I'm sorry that they've discontinued it. Wonder what they're going to replace it with for the CC memebers?

On Millennium they replaced it with a behind the scenes tour of the Celebrity Theater. You get to see a bunch of costumes and you get to meet two of the dancers. Very boring :(

When we were on the Summit, we were invited to both of those tours. The invitation said something like meet at 11:00 at the Celbrity Theater. Well, there we were, about 10 or more of us waiting and waiting and waiting. Until, one of the gentlemen decided to call the person who was to meet us. It was then that we were told that it was at 11:00 pm not am as we all thought. I decided that it was too late for me and never did see it. But, while on the galley tour, we did enjoy the chocolate cover strawberries and champagne. I'll miss that.

Archived