Something strange going on with my NCL itinerary

amunhotep

Southern Caribbean cruise for January, 2021 canceled in November, substituted an Eastern Mediterranean cruise for September, 2021.  Deposit and partial payment made, all appearing in my NCL account.  Received an email from NCL executive office that the cruise was changed, by adding an additional day, and starting a day early.  OK, great with us.  NCL no longer showing this itinerary (original or changed) for September, 2021 and the name of our itinerary changed to "Default Itinerary Name" with original departure date and itinerary still shown.  Reservation detail online now missing our add-on's (drink package, excursion credit, wifi, specialty restaurant credit), but all showing on additional cruise we booked for South America for January, 2022.  Also unable to access payment information and not able to make a payment, but can access and make payment for South American cruise.  Something very strange going on here.

Edited by amunhotep

My guess is that the NCL is currently updating the cruise information because of the mentioned changes - I experienced something similar with our last cruise (in 2019) where the embarkation port was changed as well as one of the ports mid-cruise. Nothing to worry about - I am pretty certain it will be "all good" in a couple of days time...

• Like 2

We had the same thing with our TA from NY in April 2022, once it all reappeared our cabin had changed and the 10% discount we had had been removed. A call to NCL got the price back down but we unfortunately lost our original cabin. Do make sure to check your booking when it comes back

• Like 2

We have a similar issue with our September 2021 cruise.  For about a week now, the cruise has not existed on NCL's search page, but our reservation is still on our account as "Default Itinerary Name."  I checked with our NCL PCC and he provided a letter from NCL regarding the changes that our TA clearly had not advised us about.  Be paitent and it will get sorted out.

• Like 1

We contacted our NCL cruise consultant and she can not figure it out as well.  She said that the only thing she could surmise is that the cruise will be changed, but she had no idea of how or when.

They added a few european cruises 2021/22 and changed a lot more cruises to make it fit. Happend to our 2022 transatlantic as well. Took almost two weeks from "Default Itinerary Name" back to an updates cruise.

10 hours ago, Cheister said:

has this been fixed? Im having problems adding my Sep 2021 Mediterranean cruise/looking at it via NCL website but i also have the feeling its because if booked through a TA. 

As of today, my September 2021 cruise was re-posted on NCL with yet another itinerary change, and it would not surprise me if it changes again.  But, at least for now the cruise is still on.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

As of today, my September 2021 cruise was re-posted on NCL with yet another itinerary change, and it would not surprise me if it changes again.  But, at least for now the cruise is still on.

@HuliHuli I see you're on the Spirit in September.  I'm on her in October.   What changes did they make to your itinerary?  I'm wondering if it will ripple down to mine.  I just had NCL re-send a copy of my Cruise invoice today so I'd have a printed copy of my assigned guarantee balcony number, which they just assigned.  I made a careful compare to the original invoice and they haven't changed anything with my itinerary as of yet.

@MeHeartCruising  thanks for reaching out.  My September 5th itinerary disappeared from NCL's website in late December, but the preceding and succeeding cruises both remained.  After a few days I reached out to my NCL PCC for clarification and he copied me on a Dec. 21st letter that NCL had failed to send me that moved up our departure date by one day (surprise) and changed two ports as well as some arrival and departure times.  The cruise was re-posted a couple of days ago, with more itinerary adjustments, but has since disappeared again,  My TA verified the new departure date, but has not received word from NCL on the itinerary.  So while it is confusing, I take the chaos as a positive sign we will sail, but agreements are in flux with the ports we will visit. I hope that helps.

• Like 1