Laundry facilities on FOS?

flagger

Self serve laundry rooms are the one thing I really miss on RCL,and think they should definately start adding them to all new builds,if not fleet wide.Instead of decreasing revenue,via ship laundry, I think they would actually increase revenue. Sure, a few people would maybe start doing their own laundry,instead of sending it out. I think most who now send it out,would still not want the bother,or take the time to do it themselves. So they would continue to send it out. On the other hand,a lot of people who now pack extra,and do not send out,would now utilize the self serve machines. This would result in RCL still making money with valet service,plus making money with the machines. Think about it RCL!!!

I know this is sad but I would be one of those increasing revenue for Royal if they had self-serve laundry like Princess. I am one that likes to do all the laundry before I get home so I don't come home with bags & bags of laundry to do. How sick is that!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Although I wouldn't plan on doing laundry, it would be nice to know laundry facilities are there in case it was needed for something...but like I said, I have no plans of doing laundry on my honeymoon!

It is my understanding that when the Enchantment was stretched, they added some self-service laundry areas, but the captain decided that it would result in them having to lay off a significant number of the people who work in the laundry. I don't know if that is true, but did see the deck plans during a tour of the bridge which showed self-service laundry rooms.

Dawna, I feel exactly like you do. I always do laundry when I sail Carnival. I'd much rather pack clean clothes,than dirty. Also like not having to dive right into piles of laundry,once I'm home again. We're not sick,just sensible. LOL

Archived