Canceled Flights out of Fort Lauderdale Yesterday!

jud123

We just got of the VOS in Miami and had a 6:45 flight out of Fort Lauderdale to Washington, DC. When we got the airport at 3:00 we were told that all flights were canceled to DC, NY, NJ, PA. We were shocked and everyone waiting in line were highly upset. They re-booked us on a flight to DC on Sunday (today...which I know will be canceled). The reservation supervisor had an attitude and would not give us any guidance (We have never had this situation before). We tried to find a hotel, but they were all booked. At first we decided to rent a car and drive to DC (we have done this before) but we met a nice reservation agent from JETBLUE who happened to be on our shuttle bus. He told us that their flight to Dulles, VA was still on at 5:40. We followed him to the JETBLUE counter, purchased tickets and we were off to the gate. The flight was late departing, but we got to Dulles safely last night. WE LOVE JETBLUE!!!!!!! We will never fly SPIRIT again!!!!!!

Lots of lessons learned!!

Judy

Judy, I don't know if it would make any difference what airline you were on. I'm in Aberdeen, MD. We were supposed to get 6-12" of snow, but I just got done digging my front steps out from under an easy 18". I sure is purdy :) but I can understand how this would bring air travel to a halt.

Keep smiling and know that you're coming back to a beautiful winter wonderland!

Jud123,

Believe it or not you had what is called a very sucessful cruise, congradulations. Just think if you were trying to make it to FLL today for a cruise? This is one of those situations that mother nature rules and there isn't too much one can do. First of all you listened to someone who had a suggestion that worked. (Jet Blue was still flying) This will add to your cruising education and remember there are those times it pays to have a back up plan. By the way my wife and kids flew out of Salt Lake City yesterday to Washingon D.C. and made it. Since my kids live in Phoenix I know they are freezing their hides. Great day to tour Washington! We're glad to hear your story and that everything worked out. Tim

We just got of the VOS in Miami and had a 6:45 flight out of Fort Lauderdale to Washington, DC. When we got the airport at 3:00 we were told that all flights were canceled to DC, NY, NJ, PA. We were shocked and everyone waiting in line were highly upset. They re-booked us on a flight to DC on Sunday (today...which I know will be canceled). The reservation supervisor had an attitude and would not give us any guidance (We have never had this situation before). We tried to find a hotel, but they were all booked. At first we decided to rent a car and drive to DC (we have done this before) but we met a nice reservation agent from JETBLUE who happened to be on our shuttle bus. He told us that their flight to Dulles, VA was still on at 5:40. We followed him to the JETBLUE counter, purchased tickets and we were off to the gate. The flight was late departing, but we got to Dulles safely last night. WE LOVE JETBLUE!!!!!!! We will never fly SPIRIT again!!!!!!

Lots of lessons learned!!

Judy

It wasn't just Spirit that was cancelling. A lot of people that got off ships yesterday in San Juan are still stuck in San Juan because their flights were cancelled.

Archived