Review of our Asian cruise Singapore to Hong Kong on Celebrity Millennium

DavietheScot

We did this one the other way around in December 2019, some great memories from that trip.

We had already cruised the Mekon a couple of years previous and so we didn't opt for the longer range tours from the ship such as Siem Reap or Saigon but still found plenty to see and do closer to the ports.

As for the street food in Singapore is it absolutely safe, I'm there on business fairly often and eating at the hawker centres is not only safe but I'd consider it essential to get the true Singapore experience 🙂

11 hours ago, Mark_T said:

We did this one the other way around in December 2019, some great memories from that trip.

We had already cruised the Mekon a couple of years previous and so we didn't opt for the longer range tours from the ship such as Siem Reap or Saigon but still found plenty to see and do closer to the ports.

As for the street food in Singapore is it absolutely safe, I'm there on business fairly often and eating at the hawker centres is not only safe but I'd consider it essential to get the true Singapore experience 🙂

Can't agree more Mark re the food in Singapore.  

22 hours ago, BSinPNS said:

What a great cruise.  We did it two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the time in ports and at sea.  Thanks for the great writeup which brought back wonderful memories.  

Thanks glad you liked the review and agree it is a great itinerary. 

• 1 month later...

Hi travelers! I just found this itinerary on the website in Feb 2022 (on the Solstice instead of Millennium instead). I want to book it desperately but we have a big (B-I-G ... Antarctica!!) trip planned for Dec 2021 so unfortunately Vietnam will have to wait a bit longer.

I'm posting to not only thank Dave for the review, but to see if anyone on the boards has insight as to how regular an itinerary this is. Might it appear for Fall 2022? Or might I have to wait until Jan/Feb 2023? I will wait if I need to and book as soon as they open up the calendars, but don't want to get my hopes up too high.

7 hours ago, Gig103 said:

Hi travelers! I just found this itinerary on the website in Feb 2022 (on the Solstice instead of Millennium instead). I want to book it desperately but we have a big (B-I-G ... Antarctica!!) trip planned for Dec 2021 so unfortunately Vietnam will have to wait a bit longer.

I'm posting to not only thank Dave for the review, but to see if anyone on the boards has insight as to how regular an itinerary this is. Might it appear for Fall 2022? Or might I have to wait until Jan/Feb 2023? I will wait if I need to and book as soon as they open up the calendars, but don't want to get my hopes up too high.

The Asia sailings for the 2022/2023 season have already been released and so you can look at them now.  The Hong Kong - Singapore route will be done by Solstice but it doesn't begin until Dec 2022 and it extends into Feb 2023.  In the past these sailings used to be 14 nights long but they have been shortened to 11/12 nights.

Thanks Davie for the review. We were supposed to be on this itinerary from Hong Kong to Singapore on Valentines day this year 😭. We also really enjoyed the review of the Mediterranean as we are now booked on Reflection from Rome for our 30th Anniversary next June. The Hong Kong cruise will happen in a few years when I retire from the Army. DW has always dreamt of seeing Halong Bay and it will be special for us as were posted to Hong Kong many moons ago.