125% FCC Questions

kebrown

Does anyone know how to calculate the amount of the 125% Future Cruise Credit  that Celebrity is offering on cancelled cruises?  Is it based on the total amount paid for the cruise including taxes or is it calculated before taxes?  And if you use it to pay for another cruise that is higher in price, do you have to pay the difference at the time you book the new cruise?

It is the total cruise fare minus Taxes/Fees.  In the following example you see the line Cruise Fare.  It's based on that but I have to reduce it by the $100 discount for SAILBEYOND promo so the 125% will be based on $2249 and should receive $2811 pp in FCC.

image.png.d5746936ce86a0481e140971af71f374.png

4 hours ago, kebrown said:

Does anyone know how to calculate the amount of the 125% Future Cruise Credit  that Celebrity is offering on cancelled cruises?  Is it based on the total amount paid for the cruise including taxes or is it calculated before taxes?  And if you use it to pay for another cruise that is higher in price, do you have to pay the difference at the time you book the new cruise?

They will refund the taxes to you on your credit card but it could take a while. When you book your new cruise you can use the FCC to pay your “deposit” (I think they actually waive deposit) and then if the new cruise costs more than your FCC you just pay the rest when final payment is due. I just booked a new cruise and don’t  have to pay  any more cash until final payment (new cruise costs 50% more). 

25 minutes ago, jsdjkl35 said:

Helpful answers; but what if one also paid for Celebrity's insurance?  It that also either refunded or included in the 125% FCC?

If you opt for the 100% refund, anything you paid is refunded to you.  If you select FCC, cruise cost is the 125%

12 hours ago, jsdjkl35 said:

Helpful answers; but what if one also paid for Celebrity's insurance?  It that also either refunded or included in the 125% FCC?

If it is anything like my insurance, you'll get nothing 🤣 . I think that if you took the 125% credit it would supersede the insurance payout, but I could be wrong. If you are asking specifically about the premium, I would not think that is refundable but given the circumstances it very well may be. If it is refundable then it should be refunded to your credit card just like the taxes. Just the cruise fare is what you get the 125% on.

Most questions are covered in Celebrity FAQ's on their website.   If you took Celebrity Cruise Care Insurance and Celebrity cancels your trip then the premium is refunded.   Most independent insurance companies will allow you to transfer the policy to another trip unless you have made any claims.

We got 125% of the Cruise Fare.

We waited and waited for the taxes to be refunded.  They didn't show and didn't show.  Finally sent emal to the CelebrityOneTouch email addy, and got a call from a very nice woman a couple of days later.  Refund went through.   It was probably 45 days after we got the FCC, so they had time to fix it.