Any experience transferring FCC?

Unlvswezel

As a result of a few cancelled cruises my family has accumulated a fair share of FCC. This has been split amongst myself and three family members, with the lions share being allocated to my children. Has anyone had an experience transferring FCC from one Mariner number to another? The reason why I ask is that in an email I received from guest relations that included this line: I’m worried that if I ask GR to initiate a transfer I could inadvertently forfeit my FCC.

FYI if any OBC was issued due to the pause to the Mainer relinquishing the FCC those will not go to the new mariners and they are just forfeited.”

I’m worried that if I ask GR to initiate a transfer I could inadvertently forfeit my FCC. Anyone who has been in a similar situation? I’d love some advice or direction. Unfortunately GR is taking 2-3 weeks to respond to emails and I don’t think they are talking to people over the phone.

TIA!

• Like 1

I asked my TA this question a few months ago and he was pretty clear that the FCCs could only be used by the person they were issued to. He also said if one person in the cabin had plenty of FCCs, the extra could not be used by a second person sharing the cabin who had no FCCs on their mariner account.

We would love to be able to transfer some FCCs, so If someone has been able to transfer their excess FCCs to another person, I would love to hear details on how they did it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/25/2021 at 3:19 PM, Unlvswezel said:

Just circling back on this. I was able to "gift" FCC to other people. For instance I was able to email guest relations and ask them to "gift" the FCC that was associated with my wife or minor children back to me (and vice versa).

Just curious, how long did it take for HAL to complete the transfer?  I'm waiting on a similar request.

Edited by Travel Lady in CT
Grammer