RCI refund questions

Hi-

I cancelled my 06-13-21 6 day sailing on the Indy from Miami, the next day RCI verified my cancelation and said I would receive all refunds to the original form of payment. (debit card) the even had an itemized list. That was 01-15-21, still haven't received the refunds yet. Is this typical?

Please move to refund forum if there is one.

Thanks, 

Paul

Just now, kangforpres said:

Hi-

I cancelled my 06-13-21 6 day sailing on the Indy from Miami, the next day RCI verified my cancelation and said I would receive all refunds to the original form of payment. (debit card) the even had an itemized list. That was 01-15-21, still haven't received the refunds yet. Is this typical?

Please move to refund forum if there is one.

Thanks, 

Paul

Yes this is typical.  Refunds can take up to 45 business days.  many are sooner but some can take a while

I had a reservation on an Empress cruise.  Royal announced they sold the ship on Dec. 16.  Still waiting on the correct FCC and the refund on the drink packages. That announcement was around 40 days ago.

Not sure if Royal is trying to hold onto money as long as possible or because they have laid off people they just can't get the job done.

3 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Not sure if Royal is trying to hold onto money as long as possible or because they have laid off people they just can't get the job done.

There are a wide variety of  of reasons, some with a better explanation than other and many boil down to a very old computer system where some things still have to be done manually  but since they have refunded some reservations very quickly (7-10 days) holding onto money for as long as possible is not one of those reasons.

49 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I had a reservation on an Empress cruise.  Royal announced they sold the ship on Dec. 16.  Still waiting on the correct FCC and the refund on the drink packages. That announcement was around 40 days ago.

I was booked on the Majesty and found out the same day Dec 16, I requested a refund on the 18th, and received the full refund for my deposit and the booze package on Jan 7th.

1 hour ago, kangforpres said:

Just as an FYI, when Princess finally showed by April cruise as cancelled in my personal cruise planner I got a refund in 7-10 days.

My experience with Royal over last 9 months received all Refunds in 10-21 days. This on 7 Cruises where I canceled and they canceled. Feel for others that are not as lucky...

Edited by ONECRUISER

The refunds for RCCL cancellations  for LAST March/April/May  were SLOW  coming, 60-90 days.    We had some recent cancellations and  we received the  full refunds in about 2 weeks.  

The fastest was last summer when all we paid and wanted refunded was the refundable deposit.  (Can't recall if the crusie had even been cancelled yet.)   Refund came in 3 days!

OP - it seems it has not yet been two weeks.  Give it another week and contact them if you don't get the  refund by next week.  

Good luck. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

I guess I'm pretty lucky.  I cancelled a May 1st cruise using the web form (100% refund) on 1-15-21 also.

I had paid for the cruise in May 2020 with an account that would be later cancelled to a new credit card  account (same bank).  I called the CC company when I cancelled the cruise to make sure that if the funds came back with the old CC number that the funds would be transferred to the new account.  They assured me this would happen without any requirements on my part.

I got the cruise refund in three payments.  The first two were posted with the date of 1-20-21on my credit card but they showed up on the CC account on 1-26-21.  The final payment showed up today (1-27-21) with a posted date of 1-20-21.  I don't know why my CC company does it this way other than waiting for the transfer to be completed.

You might check with your bank.