Jose "Papi" Contreras died from covid

FlGoodShips

While I am sorry to hear that the bar manager of NCL has passed away from this vicious virus, I am at a loss why you wouldn’t give the details here if you thought it was pertinent to the HAL board. 🤷 Seems to me those that sail NCL would be following this on the NCL board?  😳 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FlGoodShips said:

A great number of people knew him. Just trying to spread the sad news to all. 

We have left our feeling on the NCL website where he was loved by so many. We are heartbroken beyond belief and as I say 

"A man who asked so little, and gave so much will live on forever"

Papi RIP and give your family the strength to come though this 

4 hours ago, FlGoodShips said:

See NCL thread. Papi has died from covid in Honduras.

Sad day for all who knew and loved him.

Thank you. May the lord give us the vison to break free from this plague

Papi you are a legend and will always be so 

2 hours ago, Crusin-Suzan said:

I loved Papi!  He was such a great fun man!  Had sailed with him many times on NCL and was looking forward to sailing with him on HAL!  Then covid hit!  May he RIP!

Us too - we have cried a thousand tears. Given the love for this man his memory will be a blessing to all the family. this disease is so cruel 

20 hours ago, kazu said:

While I am sorry to hear that the bar manager of NCL has passed away from this vicious virus, I am at a loss why you wouldn’t give the details here if you thought it was pertinent to the HAL board. 🤷 Seems to me those that sail NCL would be following this on the NCL board?  😳 

As has been said he worked for HAL and was the best manager at sea and a much love one.  - as someone else said- every ship  should have a Papi. 

Rarely have  seen on other social media so much love for one person FULLY DESERVED!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmwman said:

As has been said he worked for HAL and was the best manager at sea and a much love one.  - as someone else said- every ship  should have a Papi. 

Rarely have  seen on other social media so much love for one person FULLY DESERVED!!! 

What ship(s) was he on?  

Just now, Tampa Girl said:

What ship(s) was he on?  

He was on various ships and we understand he seas to become a a travelling Beveridge manage overseeing the entire operation. I believe he was on Konnigsdam at some point or possibly Eurodam.  W knew him so well from NCL and he was so loved by so many. The world is a darker place without him.

He was on various ships and we understand he seas to become a a travelling Beveridge manage overseeing the entire operation. I believe he was on Konnigsdam at some point or possibly Eurodam.  W knew him so well from NCL and he was so loved by so many. The world is a darker place without him.

Thank you for replying.  I don't think that we had the pleasure of knowing him.  Nonetheless, I am sorry for his loss to so many.

1 minute ago, Tampa Girl said:

Thank you for replying.  I don't think that we had the pleasure of knowing him.  Nonetheless, I am sorry for his loss to so many.

You missed out  promise! but if you get to meet Errol Nelson or Mustafa Gulbahar two HD from NCL or Melvin Lobo F & B you ask them what a person he was. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bmwman said:

You missed out  promise! but if you get to meet Errol Nelson or Mustafa Gulbahar two HD from NCL or Melvin Lobo F & B you ask them what a person he was. 

They all are a great asset to HAL!    Every visible on the ship!   It’s what HAL needed!   Papi was new so he covered all the ships for vacations!   If you meet him you would never forget it!

• Like 1

Many NCL staff moved to HAL ...Julian , Errol. Mustafa and others .I did not know Papi did too .His loss is a great one he was a very nice lovable guy 

he will be missed 

i just wish this covid misery would end and not hurt anyone else 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Minoushka said:

Many NCL staff moved to HAL ...Julian , Errol. Mustafa and others .I did not know Papi did too .His loss is a great one he was a very nice lovable guy 

he will be missed 

i just wish this covid misery would end and not hurt anyone else 

Papi was one of a kind... The world have lost a very special man!

In Errol and Mustafa you have two amazing HD's  who will illuminate the brand .... we are looking forward to the day we step on to a HAL cruise ship.

But we also love Melvin Lobo. NCL have loss is HAL gain.

• Like 1

Hurts to look at  😞  this but the picture has also another great HD  of NCL Sean the tall one. and to his right is Martin AHD. These were part of the dream team that included the likes of Klaus Lugmaier and Musatfa Gulbahar (Now HAL) and Errol Nelson (now HAL)  Miss you Papi.

19 hours ago, derek005 said:

Jose was just a great person period. He ensured that all guest were treated as VIP and royalty. Errol will ensure that his legacy is carried on. 

and do not forget Mustafa Gulbahar - he is an extraordinary person as well and when with Papi they were like two naughty boys

• Like 1